Page 17 of 148 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Freypower Paul McCartney was incomparable, and I'm not even a Beatles fan (if everyone could please refrain from assaulting me in this regard, that would be fabulous). I found Springsteen completely forgettable, but I hope whichever act(s) you choose are enjoyable!

FWW: Stevie Nicks just ROCKS! 18 to 80....it don't matter with her! I don't care that she was temper prone (Christine McVie was the sweetheart and far easier to get along with according to a person whose name I can't reveal [sorry ABM but I promised!] but who was on tour with them.) I was in love with Stevie from the first time I heard that voice and then saw the woman behind it! Ga-ga ever since <LOL>

And that's about as close to "freckle counting" as I'll ever get <evil grin>

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloByMorning View Post
    Freypower Paul McCartney was incomparable, and I'm not even a Beatles fan (if everyone could please refrain from assaulting me in this regard, that would be fabulous). I found Springsteen completely forgettable, but I hope whichever act(s) you choose are enjoyable!
    Trust me, a Springsteen concert is anything but forgettable! The man and his band RULE live concert shows! Never the same show twice, especially since he began the "Sign Requests" back in the middle of the last concert tour for the Magic album... 3+ hours of 30-yrs' worth of hits to draw on, plus whatever else the crowd can come up with, no matter whose covers they are..can't beat it! You will be in awe when you see a bunch of 50- and 60-yr olds (OK, so their alternate drummer is only 19) have so much energy that they are literally doing backflips on the stage with their guitars, racing around, and pouring sweat to beat the band....forgettable? Nah!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    Trust me, a Springsteen concert is anything but forgettable! The man and his band RULE live concert shows!
    I apologize.... I didn't mean to offend. I struggled through the whole concert; didn't latch onto a single thing. Must just be a personal preference. I remember walking into a Fleetwood Mac concert having absolutely no clue who they were (my Dad went on a "culture the daughter" brigade a while back so we've seen just about everyone) and within two songs I was completely enraptured. I couldn't even really articulate why. Dad kept saying "They were magic when they were younger" and I kept thinking, "They're magic now." The only song I knew was "Don't Stop" but I scarcely blinked for the entire set. Same with Paul McCartney - I effin' hate the Beatles, mannnn, but he's one hell of a show. They guy's, what, 67 or something? He looks and acts 40, at best. And Elton John! I walked in thinking it would be one of the longest nights of my life and walked out with wings on my feet and stars in my eyes, wondering where he'd been all my life. So, I apologize if I offend(ed), but even "Pink Cadillac" didn't do anything for me.

You mentioned the Beatles ABM. I just got my Rolling Stone today and the Beatles are on the Cover. The headlines are "Why The Beatles Broke Up". Haven't read it yet.

Our tastes are different though when it comes to the Beatles. Never saw them "live" but man, I dug what they were doing. Recognized "something NEW" right off the bat when I first heard "I Want To Hold Your Hand!" And "Abby Road". I wore out I don't know how many LPs of that one before I got my tape recorder and started tapeing everything. And "Sgt Peppers".

Maybe they didn't invent Rock, but they certainly changed the way it was perceived and the way it was played. And what they did to the Culture!

Sort of went to their heads though. But then, how could it not have? They were just kids except for Ringo and with all that fame and money! I think they looked for things to turn the applecart of society upside down. Especially John <LOL>

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloByMorning View Post
    I apologize.... I didn't mean to offend. I struggled through the whole concert; didn't latch onto a single thing. Must just be a personal preference. I remember walking into a Fleetwood Mac concert having absolutely no clue who they were (my Dad went on a "culture the daughter" brigade a while back so we've seen just about everyone) and within two songs I was completely enraptured. I couldn't even really articulate why. Dad kept saying "They were magic when they were younger" and I kept thinking, "They're magic now." The only song I knew was "Don't Stop" but I scarcely blinked for the entire set. Same with Paul McCartney - I effin' hate the Beatles, mannnn, but he's one hell of a show. They guy's, what, 67 or something? He looks and acts 40, at best. And Elton John! I walked in thinking it would be one of the longest nights of my life and walked out with wings on my feet and stars in my eyes, wondering where he'd been all my life. So, I apologize if I offend(ed), but even "Pink Cadillac" didn't do anything for me.
    No offense taken--just refuting your choice of adjective.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    No offense taken--just refuting your choice of adjective.
    Talk about a nickel comment and a $50 response... Sorry about that. Didn't mean to meander off into nowhere with my opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    You mentioned the Beatles ABM. I just got my Rolling Stone today and the Beatles are on the Cover. The headlines are "Why The Beatles Broke Up". Haven't read it yet.

Our tastes are different though when it comes to the Beatles.
    I bought that RS today! My first thought was, "Oh, howevermany years later they've finally uncovered the 'real' reason?" but of course you cannot pass on an article like that. I probably would have liked them had I been around to appreciate their novelty and innovation. And, of course, I claim no particular affinity for them, yet every time I visit EPCOT I plan my Great Britain visit to correlate with their cover band's concert times and dance like a fool, so....

So where can I find accurate lyrics to "Silver Spring?" My friend and I want to learn that song but I can't for the life of me understand what Stevie is singing in the second verse! LOL And I don't want to go to some random lyric page, only to find that I've learned the wrong lyrics. So I figured Soda would know what is accurate and what's not.

From my FM site BuckinghamNicks.net:

http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/bn/ch...ersprings.html

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

You're a rockstar Nancy! Thanks!! I knew you'd come through for me