The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Off-Topic Discussion Areas > Singing for the Sake of the Song

Singing for the Sake of the Song Discuss anything related to other music acts, artists, bands, etc.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:50 PM   #1351
sodascouts
Administrator

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
It's funny. I once wrote a 'story' about rock music being banned in California by a dictatorial state governor who had exiled all the musicians of the time (Eagles, Ronstadt, Zevon, Neil Young etc). Their music had been replaced by state approved punk. In my story the Eagles (1980 lineup) smuggled themselves into a huge concert that was being staged in order to reveal themselves after their exile. The name they used was the Vultures, this being another bird of prey but with slightly more sinister 'punk' connotations.

I'd read that story, too!

I just posted a thread in Glenn's forum - a poem written about him. Maybe members can share in that thread any creative work they've done about him.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten
sodascouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:11 PM   #1352
Delilah
Stuck on the Border

A new interview with Mick Fleetwood where he addresses LB and the upcoming tour.

Quote:
What are you most looking forward to about the upcoming Fleetwood Mac tour?

We’re very excited. Obviously this is a huge change with the advent of Lindsey Buckingham not being a part of Fleetwood Mac. We all wish him well and all the rest of it. In truthful language, we just weren’t happy. And I’ll leave it at that in terms of the dynamic. And he’s going out on the road more or less the same time I think -- not in the same places, I hope (laughs). So we’re with Mike Campbell from Tom Petty and Neil Finn from Crowded House -- both really credible gentleman and really talented. We are a week into rehearsals and it’s going really well and we’re looking forward, in true Fleetwood Mac style. If you know anything about the history of this band, it’s sort of peppered with this type of dramatic stuff. It’s a strange band really. It’s ironic that we have a 50-year package coming out with all the old blues stuff with Peter Green, all the incarnations of Fleetwood Mac, which was not of course planned. But that’s what we’re feeling, especially myself and John, having been in Fleetwood Mac for 55 years. So it’s exciting, totally challenging in the whole creative part of it, and we’re really loving it. We’re just looking at a whole 18 months on-and-off of trekking around the world like we normally do and having it be fun.
“Mick Fleetwood Opens Up About His Rock Photography, Fleetwood Mac's Tour & Lindsey Buckingham's Departure” by Nicole Pager, Billboard, Aug. 5, 2018

Take it to the limit, one more time.
Delilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 01:47 PM   #1353
YoungEaglesFan
Border Rebel

Thanks for posting Delilah. I knew Lindsey was supposed to have a solo tour soon but there wasn’t any word on it. But it seems in this according to Mick he will tour within the same timeframe
YoungEaglesFan is offline   Reply With Quote