Thread: Former Eagles

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Default Re: Former Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    What are these 'consequences' of which you speak?
    Having Bernie, Randy and Don (F) in a separate sub-forum labeled Former Eagles, alongside Glenn, Don, Joe and Tim, who are now also Former Eagles is journalistic-ally problematic. I'd say it was inaccurate.

Just like a news report, any inaccuracy or lack of clarity has the potential to damage the credibility of the website.

It's not about the importance of the individual members. We have the original quartet, the critically acclaimed Hotel California line up, the arguably, most lucrative, post HFO line up and now we have, as Brooke correctly labeled them, the "Final Eagles" (unless Hell Freezes Over a second time ). They are all now, very likely permanent, "Former Eagles".

The Eagles changed line-ups almost every album, I don't think the final Eagles have anymore relevance than any of the other line ups.

Glenn and Don (H) are the permanent members, the other 5 came and went, plus there are a lot of other major contributors who could also claim billing in the story.

At this point, I think it would be picky to distinguish the contributions of Bernie, Randy, Joe, Tim and Don Felder, ignoring the negativity that Felder heightened.

As the first post of a page, I like to at least post a quote from the previous page. On this occasions there are many opinions that were posted as I was struggling to compose this one, that I'm sure you'll find well worth turning the page for.
    Last edited by Funk 50; 06-22-2016 at 09:26 AM.