Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Have a Favorite Ex-Eagle?

Thank You
    Remember when the days were long ...

MARCO

Don Felder is a great, often underated guitarist. He had a terrific sound.

Randy is unique, its the voice that sets him apart, plus writing songs that are easy to relate to.

Leadon has a great sound too.....its hard to decide, because they all are talented.
    "I've gazed into the abyss and the abyss gazed into me, and neither of us liked what we saw." Brother Theodore

I know. They all have different strengths. Felder lately is on my bad side because of his new book, lol, but he is a brilliant guitarist. There's no denying that. I admire and respect Bernie for how true he is to himself and his music. Randy... what a great voice!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

My favorite ex-Eagle is Randy Misner,Take it To The limit What a Voice and what a song!

Take It to the Limit is my favorite Eagles song! Gorgeous.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border eagleshenleyfan's Avatar

It would have to be Don Felder for me I agree that he is a fantastic, underrated guitarist.
    It's a pity that things turned ugly between himself and the rest of the guys but if he was holding up the creative process of the band it was probably for the best that he went. I have n't read his book yet so I don't know the whole story, but I'll get round to it soon.

Felder maybe my fav ex Eagle but I'm taking nothing away from Randy and Bernie who were crucial to the band's early sound.

Default favorite former Eagle

As has been said, Bernie was also an integral part of the early Eagles, but I miss Felder the most I think. Although, Randy did some of my all time favorite songs, especially TITTL.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Do You Have a Favorite Ex-Eagle?

I could never choose between Randy and Bernie. I love "My man", "Bitter creek" etc., but I also love "Take the devil", "Certain kind of fool" etc. I probably prefer Randy's voice, but Bernie had a kind of "maturity" in his voice. His voice brought some "mature calmness" to the band, so I think his voice was important too. I don't mean "mature" like "sounding like a man", but a certain kind of calmness and "wisdom" than can be sensed from the way he sang. I think it brought a nice balance to Glenn's "James Dean" side !
    I'm gonna go a bit off-topic here. A lot of bands I love seem to have personalities that are totally different from each other. If you were forming a band, would Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Randy Meisner and Bernie Leadon be the first combination that comes to mind? It's hard to find similarities in these personalities, but the combination worked. KISS is still probably my favourite band of all-time, for various reasons, but the original lineup was the most unlikely combination of people I have even witnessed anywhere. Ace Frehley was a person who was a genius according to an IQ test, but who chose to fly somewhere in the twilight zone instead of getting anything organized. Gene Simmons was a businessman, always keeping his head clear and his mind in the big picture, never touching alcohol or tobacco, and reading everything in the world from religion through social siences to politics, but at the same time writing songs 24 hours a day. Paul Stanley was a bit of a romantic, but at the same time speaking in a very thoughtful, intellectual way in inteviews, using lots of metaphors. It seems that the only thing these three people had in common was that each of them had an amazing sense of humour. Peter Criss was a religious catholic, but also complaining about everything. He probably was also the only one in the band who's obviously from this planet. Still, the combination of these four people, who were never exactly friends, worked when it was time to create.
    I love bands with people who don't seem to quite belong together, but at the same time it's absolutely perfect. Eagles, Kiss, Queen...
    Randy and Bernie were both perfect for the Eagles.
    Last edited by chaim; 05-11-2010 at 05:32 AM.

Banned

Randy is my favorite Eagle, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Eve View Post
    Randy is my favorite Eagle, period.
    Randy's my favorite too. Have you read this interview? Its from 2004 and its a good recent interview.

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind