Page 153 of 303 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 3027

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

I watched the old 80s movie About Last Night... (starring Rob Lowe and Demi Moore) over the weekend. Boy, that movie sucked. But as I watched the ending credits, I noticed that one of the songs for the movie was written by JD Souther and Danny Kortchmar!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

In church Sunday our pastor mentioned that he loved Eagles. He said he had Eagles pictures and stuff everywhere in his home and thought they were a great symbol for our country. I don't think he was talking about our Eagles, but I was thinking about them!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hmmm - somehow I think you might be right about that Brooke. Too bad though cause if he had been talking about our guys, I bet he would have an interesting take on Hotel California!

And Soda - hope JD and Danny's song didn't suck as much as the movie.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

My nephew put on his FB page that Elliott (coming up for 3) and Matilda (15 months) had been "bopping" to Life in the Fast Lane!
    Get 'em started young I say!!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Very wise advice, tg!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

The talk of some of the "Timothy moments" we've had reminded me of a saved voicemail I've had on my phone for almost a year now (really that long?) that 2 of my favorite Border Angels left for me of Timothy singing ICTYW. So I had to go in and listen to it and it gave me such a warm, fuzzy feeling!!!
    It also reminded me of several other phone calls I've had during concerts from Border Angels. I do believe I've heard ICTYW over the phone now more than I've heard it live on my own.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

Hubby just bought one of those picture frames that continuously show different photos, like a slideshow. He set it up on a table in our living room.

Last week, he added some more photos, including my Eagles concert pictures and Pebble Beach stuff.

I love glancing over and spotting one as it zips by on the frame. It's like a warm fuzzy little hug.
    [

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Wasn't sure where to put this little story-hope this is fine.Got into a conversation last night with a newer friend that led to an Eagles conversation of interest.

Be patient with me while I give you some background first. For those who don't know, I live in Northern Indiana, just a little more than an hour away from Chicago. Just a couple miles from me, Oprah Winfrey used to own a house and a large piece of property that includes a helicopter landing pad, etc. She sold it about 6-7 years ago to a guy who is one of the richest guys in Chicago, who is a real estate tycoon (they call him the Donald Trump of Chicago). My new friend, I'll call him J, has an aunt who ran the household staff for Oprah, who I used to bowl with many, many years ago shortly after she took the job with Oprah. She actually used to take Oprah's sewing (yes, she had sewing) to my MIL who was a well known seamstress in our town. Anyways, when Oprah sold the house she was retained by the new owner for the same job and still works for him. That leads us to my story.

J & I were talking last evening, about upcoming concerts and he was complaining because his wife is dragging him to a Kenny Chesney/Uncle Kracker concert (he's a classic rock fan also) on the 11th or 12th of May. I was teasing him by telling him I would be seeing Eddie Money on the 12th and NOT a country concert. This led to a conversation about our favorite bands and when I proclaimed my long, everlasting love for the Eagles, he chimed up saying he had been to a private party years ago that they played at. Yeah, you guessed it, at the real estate tycoons. I guess this guy, shortly after moving in, would have these HUGE private parties once a month and usually had country stars come and play (which we so happen to run into one time when we were cruising by the place and saw all the action about 4-5 years ago--different story). When J's uncle found out that the Eagles would be playing, he called J up and asked if he'd like to come out for it. The employees were told they could have guest but that they had to "hang back" from the guest during the concert. In other words, the front of the stage was for the rich and famous out of Chicago that this guy had invited.

J said they put on about an hour and half show with the big hits and were fantastic. But after the show, he and his friend headed right to the open bar. Said, at one point, while standing at the bar, his friend felt someone walk up next to him so he turned around to see who it was and it was "that Henley guy" who looked at his friend and told him, and I quote, "I don't even want to know who you are!" Are you kidding me? Niiiiiice Don!! Anyways, I guess J's friend didn't miss a beat and told Don, "That's fine, because I wasn't going to introduce myself.". J told me he hated to tell me, in fact, said he wasn't going to tell me till I asked him several times "what?"--Said "they are some of the most talented guys out there but a couple of them ....." I'll let you figure out how he finished that sentence. I told him I wasn't shocked to hear it but it did disturb me a bit to actually hear it from someone who was a common Joe as I am myself, who has had that kind of contact with them.

He didn't have any contact with Timothy (darn it!!!!) but said Joe was really cool.

As for Oprah--she was really cool. It wasn't unusual to run into her in the local Kmart (believe it or not) or see her jogging down the road with her trainer, etc. One day, my daughter's dance troop was practicing for Regionals in the local park and a white stretch limo pulled up, and the back window went down and us mothers that were watching our girls saw it was her. She watched the girls and when they finished their dance, yelled out the window, "You GO GIRLS!!!". Waved, and then they drove away!! The girls went crazy!!

So there's my 6 degrees of separation story.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Good story. At least DH doesn't mince wordsso you know exactly how he feels about any given situation. I admire him for his tactfullness and restraintand can't understand why he inspires such dislike in so many Eagles fans.(Did I say that convincingly enough? ha ha ha jk)
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

Thanks for sharing Willie. I could just see Oprah doing that. It makes me sad when I hear stories about Don being a jerk. Too bad he doesn't act a little more like Timothy does with his fans.