Page 11 of 303 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yes............well.............I wouldn't say there'd be much icecream left after the sizzling heat of 'Simply the Best' now would there?

The hotel I was staying in last week had a small golf course attached to it called 'Pebble Beach'. Was that or what? All we need to do now is manage to divert a certain Gentleman golfer to the alternative venue next time he's meant to be doing the original 'Pebble Beach'. And we'll give him such a good time that he won't want to go back!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

lol about gleneagles! On my UK vacation last year (which involved four Eagles shows!) I took the train all over the place. As I travelled through Scotland, we passed a train station for the town of Gleneagles. I got so excited I took a photo!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I've been staying up late tonight working on my dissertation (just got an e-mail from my prof and am feeling the heat!) Perhaps I'm just tired, but going back over what I've written, I've noticed that several times, when quoting a critic named Northrop Frye, I've spelled it Frey. That's kind of understandable I guess, but then I've also noticed that several times when I've been writing about a character named Helen, I've typed Henley. Now that's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    I've been staying up late tonight working on my dissertation (just got an e-mail from my prof and am feeling the heat!) Perhaps I'm just tired, but going back over what I've written, I've noticed that several times, when quoting a critic named Northrop Frye, I've spelled it Frey. That's kind of understandable I guess, but then I've also noticed that several times when I've been writing about a character named Helen, I've typed Henley. Now that's just sad.
    Awwwwwwwwww, Soda - being in love with such incredible men such as Frey and Henley will do that to you, I'm afraid . And I thought my brain was Freyed!

I love your picture of Gleneagles station in the UK!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Lol, Soda, I love your typos! Thanks for posting the Gleneagles station sign, too. I bet your fellow travellers were intrigued by your interest. Of course, you were recording it as the place where the G8 summit was held in 2005, weren't you?

MF, I think there are a few of us who suffer from 'Freyed' brains! I mean, how pathetic is this? Buying beer because it looks as if it says 'Frey's' from one angle...

...and just having to try this drink in France

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

This is too funny, GEF!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Soda! I really feel for you. Thesis revisions can be such a pain in the ....well everywhere really!

MF I agree with you. My brain is totally Freyed most of the time! But I'm quite happy about that! The more 'Freying' the better!

And GEF those cans are just so cool! I thought I have it bad, but obviously I'm not the only one with a certain Mr Frey permanently on the brain!

Right I'm off now to eat a bar of (yes well done you've all guessed it) Fry's Chocolate Cream which hubby kindly bought me before he went into work!! If only he knew
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Good luck with your dissertation Soda.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Thanks Holly, I need all the luck I can get when writing that mofo.

And GEF - lol! That's great!

You're welcome.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?