Page 107 of 303 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 3027

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

I must say I donīt like this version of HT, I t is just dreadful!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

If I had never heard the original I probably would have liked Michael's version as I do enjoy him. However, the original being one of my favourite songs by ant artist, I don't care for Michael's interpretation. I think though, that it does show the strength of the composers' songwriting skills that it can be sung successfully in different styles. I have heard it performed by a marching band & it sounded great ! JMHO

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

From all of your reviews, I'm not even subjecting my ears to it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I couldn't get all the way through it - it's just not my taste. I will give Michael Buble props for one song - the one he wrote called Home. It's very pretty.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I was queueing yesterday to put my Christmas food order in (Yep, if you don't get it in early over here you won't get the collection date that you want) when I met a lady who was training the most adorable puppy to be a guard dog. Apparently it takes a year to train them. I'd say (Tho I'm not well up in these things) that he is a labrador puppy. Anyway we got chatting for a few minutes and inevitably I asked 'Whats your dog's Name' I nearly dropped when she answered 'Glenn'

BOY was I tempted to ask 'Has he got brothers called Timmy Don or Joe'
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Default Heartache Tonight Cover

I haven't noticed this mentioned anywhere else; if I'm last to the party, please feel free to move/delete.

Has anyone heard Michael Buble's cover of "Heartache Tonight" on his new album Crazy Tonight? Thoughts?

Also: Why did they authorize this cover, when they have denied so many others?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Heartache Tonight Cover

There were a few posts about this version in the 'Little Things That Remind Me Of The Eagles' thread. I am unable to move them into this forum because I don't moderate it.

For my own part I have no interest in hearing this version. To me only one person can sing the song.

I am not aware that the Eagles have 'denied' people doing cover versions. Could you be more specific?

And the album title is Crazy Love, because it's the Van Morrison song which Buble also covers. I am not interested in hearing that either.

Default Re: Heartache Tonight Cover

No sweat. I moved the thread into this forum, and now I'm merging the Buble posts with it.

Ah, how I love my magical admin powers!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Magical admin powers... which house were you in at Hogwarts? I'd assign each guy a house but hesitate to apply Slytherin to anyone. It's easy to delegate Ravenclaw/Don and Hufflepuff/Tim. Glenn/Gryffindor seems a decent fit, unintentional alliteration notwithstanding. But Slytherin/Joe obviously doesn't work. For my purposes I'll change it to Grinnerin, where, instead of evil, all members expouse the power of practical jokes. We'd have to import the Weasley twins, though; I think they and Joe would prove absolutely inseparable...

TANGENT. SORRY. Not a linear person.

Haha Freypower, tell me how you really feel! I picked up the album because I'd heard Buble covered a Nacio Brown/Arthur Freed song (I'm one of the Golden Era fans) and, scanning the tracklist, encountered HT with an indigestible goulash of trepidation and delight. Concur wholeheartedly with the assessment of the Morrison track, though.

As for the denial, it was an unauthorized presumption on my part. I assumed, since everyone* loves the Eagles and so few people cover them, in addition to that post that mentioned Frenley's general reluctance to so much as grant permission to print lines from their lyrics in books, they must have issued more than a few denials. Some rock band must have wanted to give LITFL the Metallica/"Turn the Page" treatment.

*Another assumption. I suppose I'm the donkey today.

My Harry Potter friends would love you, ABM!

BTW, it's my understanding that an artist can't deny someone the right to cover his song because once something is released, there is a "compulsory license" that allows anyone to re-record the song as long as the songwriter is duly compensated.

I think there are more Eagles covers out there than you realize - I went to the trouble of making a list of them for all of the songs Glenn Frey wrote or co-wrote. It's pretty long! http://www.glennfreyonline.com/solo/coversindex.htm

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten