Page 46 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    As for the suggestion that you have other options - there are other threads you can participate in as well as other fan sites you can join if you choose not to stay.
    This is what I don't get. Tired of talking about this issue, reading about it? Fed up with conflict? Just want to talk about the Eagles? You don't have to go to another site. Just go to another thread!

There are literally only two active threads on this site where we talk about this issue. Ironically, it usually only bleeds over to other threads when somebody is complaining about these threads and others react! When it does, I move the posts. I suppose there might be an exception or two, but the exception proves the rule.

So yes, you can talk about the Eagles now; you always could. If you have chosen to spend most of your time posting in the few negative threads instead of contributing to the many positive threads, that's on you.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    This is what I don't get. Tired of talking about this issue, reading about it? Fed up with conflict? Just want to talk about the Eagles? You don't have to go to another site. Just go to another thread!

There are literally only two active threads on this site where we talk about this issue. Ironically, it usually only bleeds over to other threads when somebody is complaining about these threads and others react! When it does, I move the posts. I suppose there might be an exception or two, but the exception proves the rule.

So yes, you can talk about the Eagles now; you always could. If you chose to spend most of your time posting in the few negative threads instead of contributing to the many positive threads, that's on you.
    Agreed.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Banned

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    That's as may be & is to be expected. What jars with me is the fact that Henley felt this was a suitable subject to discuss with the audience. Glenn never did that. He talked to the audience about what they could expect from a show. He never once boasted about the size of the entourage.
    This is a straight-up lie. Before Take it Easy every night, Glenn talked about the hundred-plus crew members who made the show possible. When discussing them last night, Don said the crew members were "the people who do the real work."

I know you're off in the merry world of non-facts and that I and the truth are not welcome here, but there needs to be some oversight from time to time.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    This is a straight-up lie. Before Take it Easy every night, Glenn talked about the hundred-plus crew members who made the show possible. When discussing them last night, Don said the crew members were "the people who do the real work."

I know you're off in the merry world of non-facts and that I and the truth are not welcome here, but there needs to be some oversight from time to time.
    Any chance of bringing us the truth with slightly less venom?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Any chance of bringing us the truth with slightly less venom?
    And predictably, I'm the bad guy. Not the people calling the band a farce, or greedy, or saying Deacon is riding his dad's coattails, or that Timothy is defiant, or that Don's body language is bad, or that Don is wrong for talking about the road crew, or that the band is pathetic, or that they regret adding Deacon (who is only there via nepotism), or that the concert reviewers are shameful. Etc. Etc. Etc. But me, the person who has actually been there and can provide at least some context and accuracy to the hostile, malicious untruths people have free reign to concoct out of thin air in the name of "loving the band." I'll be the bad guy. It's all good.

Stuck on the Border

And predictably, I'm the bad guy. Not the people calling the band a farce, or greedy, or saying Deacon is riding his dad's coattails, or that Timothy is defiant, or that Don's body language is bad, or that Don is wrong for talking about the road crew, or that the band is pathetic, or that they regret adding Deacon (who is only there via nepotism), or that the concert reviewers are shameful. Etc. Etc. Etc. But me, the person who has actually been there and can provide at least some context and accuracy to the hostile, malicious untruths people have free reign to concoct out of thin air in the name of "loving the band." I'll be the bad guy. It's all good.
    Not a chance then. Just thought I'd ask.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Hey everyone - Please do us a favor and ignore this post. The oversight of the board is the responsibility of the moderators and admin. We will take care of this later when we get a chance.
    Please do, Dreamer.

However, I have been accused of lying. I did no such thing. For a start I don't remember Glenn Frey ever thanking the crew at the shows I attended, although I suppose he must have done on occasion.

Secondly there is a very large difference between thanking the crew & just listing the number of people on the tour.

Do what you like with the post but I want it on record, however briefly, that I did not lie & that EIK has interpreted Henley's words entirely differently from how I did. If he thanked the crew, that was not quoted in the post I referenced.

I won't address the follow up post where for the second time, I have been indirectly attacked in an extremely hostile manner.
    Last edited by Freypower; 03-20-2018 at 05:27 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Please do, Dreamer.

However, I have been accused of lying. I did no such thing. For a start I don't remember Glenn Frey ever thanking the crew at the shows I attended, although I suppose he must have done on occasion.

Secondly there is a very large difference between thanking the crew & just listing the number of people on the tour.

Do what you like with the post but I want it on record, however briefly, that I did not lie & that EIK has interpreted Henley's words entirely differently from how I did. If he thanked the crew, that was not quoted in the post I referenced.

I won't address the follow up post where for the second time, I have been indirectly attacked in an extremely hostile manner.
    This is all fine and well, and it would be perfectly acceptable if these kind of "Glenn wouldn't have..." inaccuracies and completely baseless speculation weren't such a pattern. It typically goes like this: Someone says something totally without merit but also inarguable, like "Timothy wouldn't be standing like that if Glenn was in the band," gets rightly called out for it, and then the person calling out gets attacked for being sensible or for word choice.

Saying you don't remember what Glenn used to say makes one wonder why you claimed to know what Glenn DIDN'T used to say in the first place. Attempting to interpret Don Henley's comments about the crew make one wonder why the word of someone who has heard him say it two nights in a row wouldn't be deemed more reliable than someone just guessing.

Untruth, lie...it's all the same. Your intentions were to paint Don Henley into an unfavorable light compared to Glenn Frey, and you did so with what you now admit is misinformation. It's OK for me to answer your aggressive incorrectness with equally aggressive facts. I said nothing about you as a person, but your reporting of facts was based in sheer negativity and bitterness and they were wrong, to boot. My word choice is not the issue.
    Last edited by EagleInKansas; 03-20-2018 at 08:11 PM.

Stuck on the Border

This is all fine and well, and it would be perfectly acceptable if these kind of "Glenn wouldn't have..." inaccuracies and completely baseless speculation weren't such a pattern. It typically goes like this: Someone says something totally without merit but also inarguable, like "Timothy wouldn't be standing like that if Glenn was in the band," gets rightly called out for it, and then the person calling out gets attacked for being sensible or for word choice.

Saying you don't remember what Glenn used to say makes one wonder why you claimed to know what Glenn DIDN'T used to say in the first place. Attempting to interpret Don Henley's comments about the crew make one wonder why the word of someone who has heard him say it two nights in a row wouldn't be deemed more reliable than someone just guessing.

Untruth, lie...it's all the same. Your intentions were to paint Don Henley into an unfavorable light compared to Glenn Frey, and you did so with what you now admit is misinformation. It's OK for me to answer your aggressive incorrectness with equally aggressive facts. I said nothing about you as a person, but your reporting of facts was based in sheer negativity and bitterness and they were wrong, to boot. My word choice is not the issue.

It is not 'misinformation'. We were talking about two different things. You said you were talking about Henley thanking the crew. I was talking about this:

“We brought 14 semi-tractor-trailer trucks full of stuff, four backup musicians, five string players, five horn players, four security guys, 82 crew members …. and one accountant,” he said.

That is not 'thanking 'the crew. That is listing them. I have not seen any comment about Henley talking about the 'real work' as you call it. You just shoehorned that in there out of nowhere so that you would not have to deal with what I actually was talking about.

I know very well you are determined to drive me away from here. I find the language you are using towards me offensive in the extreme.

In terms of my not remembering what Glenn may have said about the crew, I was trying to say that he was more proactive in engaging with the audience, or at least that was how he came across to me. Perhaps I could have expressed myself better but I don't think what I said merited such a vitriolic response, or being called a liar.
    Last edited by Freypower; 03-20-2018 at 11:20 PM.

Woah. You need to calm down, EIK. You're getting way too worked up over these posts.

I don't think you should visit the "rant" thread, since you find its content so infuriating. It's bad for your blood pressure.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten