Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15, 2017

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15, 2017

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Yes, many thanks Shun for your time and effort locating and sharing video. I'm hoping I'll be up to checking them out soon but if I am unable I still very much appreciate all you do for your fellow Borderers!

The only slightly negative comment I read was that Glenn's banter and sense of humour was really missed and the other Eagles didn't take up the mantle but that was Glenn and he was unique.
    I think it was a triumphant return for the band and Deacon and Vince did extremely well and I can't wait to attend Classic East!

Stevie did a sweet and emotional dedication to Glenn and Deacon after "Landslide" - it starts at 4:06 (poor quality video but good audio):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ2O_NyPd44[/ame]

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That is so sweet Stevie did that. I love what she said about Glenn and Deacon too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

That was soo sweet at what Stevie said. I think I would had cried too when she said that. I loved when she said "Big Glenn and little Glenn."

I need to watch some of the clips from last night. I love Earth, Wind, and Fire and of course Fleetwood Mac.

I also just noticed from the video clips from Saturday that Deacon also did the opened shirt with the tshirt under the shirt thing. Glenn's signature style for 24 years.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I have mixed feelings about all of this. I found myself wanting to go out and sit in my car while this was going on so I could listen, but yet, lately, when I've heard one of Glenn's songs play I've become sad just thinking he's gone and I'll never hear him live again. I didn't have time to do that because we were babysitting our grandson, so I've been anxious to get here and hear all about it.

I just listened to Deacon and saw his videos you all have posted. I feel like I'm in some kind of time warp! He reminds me so much of 70's Glenn with his hair, sunglasses and shirt! But yet, the rest of the band are current! It's kind of crazy! And I'm sad, but yet excited, to hear and see how it all went!

I wish the best for Deacon and this will probably have a huge impact on his career if he wishes to pursue having his own band and getting out there.

Just wanted to put my feelings on this out there. Now I must get back to page 3 and read some more!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Peaceful Easy Feeling
    Hotel California
    Take it Easy
    I Can't Tell You Why
    One Of These Nights
    The Long Run
    Heartache Tonight
    Desperado
    New Kid In Town
    Tequila Sunrise
    Life In The Fast Lane
    Rocky Mountain Way
    Funk 49
    The Long Run
    Dirty Laundry
    Lyin' Eyes
    Pretty Maids All In A Row
    Already Gone
    Witchy Woman
    In The City
    Love Will Keep Us Alive
    Looking at my list of songs I thought they would play this past weekend, I got it right. The only songs they didn't do was Dirty Laundry(I just threw that in there, but I had a feeling they wouldn't do any of Don's solo songs), Pretty Maids All In A Row, and The Long Run. They added Seven Bridges Road, Those Shoes(well technically this song was on the setlist for 2 years during the HOTE, and The Last Resort.

I really shouldn't had been shocked with The Last Resort being added since Don has been playing this song in his solo shows. I thought they might drop Those Shoes, but I'm glad they kept it. I was surprised with Seven Bridges.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks, Soda, for posting Stevie's sweet comments about Glenn and Deacon! That also brought tears to my eyes.

So I've been through this thread now and am still amazed at Deacon and how calm and cool he was. Performing in front of a crowd like that had to be very intimidating. He did a fantastic job! Glenn would have been so proud!

I also appreciate the comments from Joe, Don and Vince. It made it ok that they were doing this, for me.

Thank you, shun, for all you've done here too! Awesome job keeping up with all of it. A lot of the videos have been blocked now, but I did get to see Deacon's TIE, PEF, and part of AG and Bob's HT. OMG! Awesome!

As far as them touring again, who knows? Even though: "Early in the night, Henley addressed the fact this might be the band’s last hometown show. “In case this is our last dance, we want to thank all the fans in Southern California,” he said. “It all started here in Los Angeles.” We shall see!

I may have to go home tonight and watch some on my smart tv if there are any left, or change my subscription to add Sirius so I can watch next week!

But did someone say it wasn't actually on Sirius live? Sirius said they would be live on Classic Vinyl and also doing some band interviews.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Irving and Joe were interviewed by Sirius Classic Vinyl on Saturday(and other people from the other bands). I wished I wrote down what they said on both interviews. The interviews were kinda broken up between the songs, but Joe was on longer.

Irving said that some of the performances will be Sirius Classic Vinyl in a couple of days(I say a week or two) once they tweet some things. He didn't say which performances or how much of the festival will be put on Sirius, but he said it will.

My 30 day trial ends next week. So I'm hoping it will be on there sometime this week. I was thinking about subscribing to Sirius since Don has been on there a lot lately as a guest DJ.

Lucky for me, I downloaded the videos to my computer before they started to get blocked. I guess they were too busy yesterday to start blocking videos. They waited until Monday. I got majority of the videos before they were blocked.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-17-2017 at 04:07 PM.