Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY - 7/25/2015

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY - 7/25/2015

Sounds like it was wonderful! I would have had a tear or two too!

Safe travels everyone! (I guess you've made it, VA!)
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

The PEW is pretty bad, and writing the review is making it worse instead of better. I'll get to the second half soon.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, I wish I could have gone. Since I was off work this week and didn't have any real plans, I did actually check on tickets and how long the drive would have taken! This show would have been my closest at a bit over 7 hours.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Right now I am on my layover in Detroit where mother is half a word . As Glenn says, that's funny! Keep going VA!

Once the second set started, the crowd seemed pretty happy that Joe was singing leads on a song, and they cheered even more when they recognized the intro to I Can't Tell You Why. Both did excellent jobs, of course. Glenn nailed New Kid In Town, and the crowd seemed to appreciate LWKUA. Before Heartache Tonight, Glenn thanked the crowd for sitting during the quieter numbers, although I can't remember his exact words. Hopefully someone else can. He then said they wouldn't be playing anymore of those songs. It was nice that everyone stood for Heartache Tonight and danced and sang along.

Nearly everyone on the floor stood for Those Shoes, and everyone seemed to like In The City. As usual, as Joe really gets going on it, the crowd gets more and more appreciative, and more into it, and are in awe of him by the end.

During intros (Stueart was back to being from Arlington, VA), when Glenn was introduced, he said the normal 'mother is half a word'. Then he said Detroit was a tough town. When he was younger, his mother would take him to Woodwards where they served broken leg of lamb, then repeated it was a tough town. It was different and funny. Then he said the Ted Nugent joke, and I was surprised that in an ultra conservative state like KY he wasn't totally booed, but there were only a few boos, and more laughs.

The entire end of the show was very high energy and the crowd loved it. Don did a very passionate job on Desperado, but by that point it was all I could do to not cry. I could appreciate the song and the performance of it, but to realize that for me, the tour was over, was very emotional for me. As they take a break, and anything can happen, I can't even be sure I'll see them in concert again. So it was a moment for me. The note that Don usually holds for a long time near the end of the song, he didn't hold it very long at all, and I wished it could last forever.

It doesn't escape me that I've been incredibly lucky. The big promotion and new job that allowed me to afford all these concerts (16 HOTE concerts) started when this tour started, and now the tour is over and so is my job. This would be more appropriate, perhaps, after the last concert on Wednesday night, but I'll say it now. These guys have put on an incredible show for two years. I went to concerts on nearly every tour leg, I think, except for the overseas ones, and they've gotten better with each one. Last night's show was just incredible, and I have no idea how they do it. They should be so very proud of themselves for the great job they've done with this tour. When it was first discussed that there would be a tour for HOTE, I had high expectations, and they exceeded them.

All I can say is, these guys don't need to worry about losing their edge for a long, long time. They've still got it.

ETA: It was really great to see HH and HB again, and we had an absolute blast together, as usual. My sides still hurt from all the laughing. It was great to finally meet TimFan222, and it was great that it worked out that we could sit together.
    VK

First I really enjoyed meeting VA, HH and HB! I'm so glad I could sit by someone who loves these guys as much as I do. I told VA I wish I could've taken a picture of VA during these show. She had her hands in a prayer position most of the night. Priceless!!!!!
    I can't add anymore to what VA said. This was without a doubt the best vocally I have heard them in 21 shows. What a great crowd. Two best shows I have seen were both in Kentucky Louisville and Lexington
    I wish this tour would never end but all good things must come to an end. Now we sit back and wait for the next chapter

Quote Originally Posted by TimFan222 View Post
    First I really enjoyed meeting VA, HH and HB! I'm so glad I could sit by someone who loves these guys as much as I do. I told VA I wish I could've taken a picture of VA during these show. She had her hands in a prayer position most of the night. Priceless!!!!!
    I can't add anymore to what VA said. This was without a doubt the best vocally I have heard them in 21 shows. What a great crowd. Two best shows I have seen were both in Kentucky Louisville and Lexington
    I wish this tour would never end but all good things must come to an end. Now we sit back and wait for the next chapter
    I didn't know what else to do with my hands, and I was in awe of what I was hearing! Plus I wanted to reach to my right and get that woman's hands out of the air so I could see Joe and Stueart. I've never seen anyone wave for three hours before. If I didn't keep my hands together, the temptation might have been too strong!

Anyone who may be thinking they can't continue to do this for a while and stay up to their own standards is dead wrong. I'm hoping that after a break and time to do other things, they'll at least do a few shows here and there. I would love new music, but I'll take what I can get.
    VK

Hi, all. First post!
    Here in Little Rock for tomorrow's show. After reading your wonderful reviews of last night's show, I really can't wait!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome to The Border, LuvTim. Hope you have a blast tomorrow night. We'll start a new thread for that show, so please come back and share your thoughts with us afterwards.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    Hi, all. First post!
    Here in Little Rock for tomorrow's show. After reading your wonderful reviews of last night's show, I really can't wait!
    Welcome to The Border! You'll have a blast at the show, no doubt about it! Please come back and let us know how it goes!
    VK