Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

Border Desperado

Default Re: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

HFO has a special place in my heart. It was the reason I really got into the Eagles. As a High School kid, I fell in love with them during the VH1 showing of HFO, along with all the Eagles Family Tree stuff they showed, like the Don Kirshner stuff, and the South of Sunset marathon.
    Then that was the first concert I saw, getting to see the live HFO tour.
    Best moment was after seeing HFO on tv, I was expecting to never get to hear the original Hotel California. Talk about super pumped when the spot light came on, to DF playing the double neck...Great moment!!!

I really wish that next year for the 25th Anniversary they do one of the following
    1. 3 CD set HFO 25th Anniversary + 2 Disc HFO Live tour (the HC release gives me hope)
    2. 1 CD + DVD, 25th Anniversary HFO cd + Live HFO Tour Concert Video. (The Glenn Frey set coming out gives me hope for this)

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    HFO has a special place in my heart. It was the reason I really got into the Eagles. As a High School kid, I fell in love with them during the VH1 showing of HFO, along with all the Eagles Family Tree stuff they showed, like the Don Kirshner stuff, and the South of Sunset marathon.
    Then that was the first concert I saw, getting to see the live HFO tour.
    Best moment was after seeing HFO on tv, I was expecting to never get to hear the original Hotel California. Talk about super pumped when the spot light came on, to DF playing the double neck...Great moment!!!

I really wish that next year for the 25th Anniversary they do one of the following
    1. 3 CD set HFO 25th Anniversary + 2 Disc HFO Live tour (the HC release gives me hope)
    2. 1 CD + DVD, 25th Anniversary HFO cd + Live HFO Tour Concert Video. (The Glenn Frey set coming out gives me hope for this)
    (RANT INCOMING)

Lol the last hopeful paragraph

They will give us nothing. Because that's the Eagles for you. They have recorded every HFO show (obviously including both nights of the Burbank show) and still do to this present day. They even remastered some (like 1994 Giants Stadium, Dublin 1996, etc.) But nope, that's that. We will never get any again. I am 120% sure. Henley claiming there is nothing in the vault, all that is bull****. Such lying, especially when all of us want more. Heck they even apparently planned to release 1994 Irvine and 1999 Los Angeles, but nope, classic Eagles, not releasing stuff.

(Quite OT, sorry) Tbh, the Hotel 40th Anniversary release is pretty lame. Why can't they give something worthwhile for once?? We (okay maybe not everyone, but still). Don't. Want. Forum. 76. Again and again. And please. No overdubbing. They did it for the new release yet freaking again. They could've released to us: 1977 Nassau (Try and FREAKING Love Again was there!), 1977 Alpine Valley, 1977 London (April 28th had an orchestra apparently!)

Here's a thing Henley and Azoff. If you want us to stop bootlegging, RELEASE STUFF.
    The chemistry... nuff said

Happy 24th Birthday to the Hell Freezes Over special airing on MTV.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

The special that started it all back up again!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HELL FREEZES OVER TV PROGRAM!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Wow, 24 years ! I remember how excited everyone was. I wish they would release an "Official day two" of the show. From what I have heard, it seems better than day one.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

We were soooooo excited to see them back together and on tv! Didn't have the money to go to a show on the tour though. Our kids teenage years!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - there will be lots of HFO events to celebrate in November. I never made it to a HFO concert either and it is one of my biggest regrets because it's the first time I ever actually tried to go to a show. I regret not going to a show back in the 70's as well, but not quite as much as HFO, because it was not even a possibility for me back then since I was dirt poor. However, with HFO, I tried my best to get to a show, but I was traveling full-time for work in the 90's and I just never could sync up schedule to match theirs. Oh well - I tried to make up for it starting in 2003 so I can complain (but sometimes I still do).

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

The HFO era was my teenage years so I definitely wasn't able to go especially with my mother being very strict with me listening anything that's not black music and (long story, but I'm just glad I listen to different genres).

I fell in love with the Eagles back then and then stopped listening to them into the millennium, but I only had a few of their songs on my MP3 player between 2000-2013.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 10-29-2018 at 10:36 PM.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Shun, my parents were strict too - only it was no non-Christian concerts at all!

I enjoyed watching the Hell Freezes Over concert on television, but it never even occurred to me to actually go to a show myself.

My, how things have changed!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I should had said my mother wouldn't allow me to go to "white artist" concerts. Yeah. My mother was that strict. I actually was listening to other genres around the time the Eagles got back together, I just couldn't go to certain concerts. When I was in high school and I was starting to listen to other genres, I was ashamed to say I listen to other genres that wasn't R&B or rap. That has changed thank goodness.