Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15, 2017

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15, 2017

Shun - You have been amazing with posting all the videos for everyone. I did notice that UTW videos were blocked by 8AM my time yesterday. However, your you tube videos stayed up a long time relatively speaking. Thanks again

On a side note: was it just me - I had a hard time hearing what Stevie said about Glenn and Deacon. I did hear her say she was about to cry and walk away from the mike. Very sweet of her.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 07-17-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

There's another vid here with better quality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNOP6ihQVEg

But here's what Stevie said:

"I wanted to dedicate that song to Glenn Frey, who was my friend and I was such a big fan, and I also wanted to dedicate it to his son for stepping in and doing an amazing job last night. That is so much pressure and he just did it so beautifully and his daddy would be so proud of him. So I didn't do it before "Landslide" as I would just start to cry and wouldn't got through that. So that's for you big Glenn and little Glenn."
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Now Deacon has stood on stage in front of 50,000 people and felt their love, is he going to want to let go?

They seem to have pulled this show off in a way that was respectful to Glenn. I believe Henley was right that including Deacon was the key because he drew an emotional response, not just from the crowd, but probably the rest of the band and crew. It's impossible to see Deacon on stage and not think of a young Glenn making this music when we were all young and pretty (those of us who were around at the time).

It sounded good. The setlist was classic and not very different to what Glenn would have chosen. This was a show for Glenn and not the time to throw out the old and experiment.

Clearly, Vince Gill brought the chops. A safe pair of hands. And all those backing musicians. There was no chance that this wan't going to sound good.

I wonder how sales of the NY tickets are going. I would think they've been pretty good since Saturday (possibly videos were allowed to stay up a little longer to help with the buzz).

Stuck on the Border

Thank You Buffy.

Stuck on the Border

UTW - Well said - I could not have said it better myself. When I checked the East tickets appx. 10 days ago they were not sold out. However, I agree - I bet they are all sold now.

When I first saw a live video of the show on Saturday from Twitter, Periscope and Instagram(you gotta love technology), the first thing I notice with Deacon was how he dressed. He literally dressed like how his dad did in the 70s. The sports jersey, sunglasses on top of his head, the sweatband, and of course the long hair. Deacon also did the open shirt that was Glenn's signature look since 1994. Deacon also had on a necklace. I bet that was Glenn's necklace. I know Glenn wore a necklace even after the 70s, but I always wonder what kind of necklace it was since he always had it in his shirt.

When Deacon opened his mouth and sang Take It Easy, I went "wow." I've never doubt he could sing. I just wanted to know how he sounded today since we only saw videos of him singing with his dad when he was a teenager. Actually his voice was the same, but a little more mature and develop.

I really haven't watched the whole videos of each song, but I think I'm going to do that tonight.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-18-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I don't know if Classic West was sold out, but it did look packed. It looks like they didn't sell any tickets behind the stage which was good.

I think its going to sell out or be close to it. People love to buy tickets at the last second. When I saw Joe in Memphis last year, before I left home their were still a lot of tickets, but when I got there that night, it looked like the place was sold out. Not a single seat was empty.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-17-2017 at 08:01 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

I wouldn't be surprised if Deacon's whole "look" was done on purpose - perhaps to honor his Dad when he was the same age. Everyone knows that was Glenn's trade mark "look" back then. Deacon did a great job and certainly made Glenn and Cindy proud.
    He sounded a little like Glenn but his voice is deeper than Glenn's was at that age. I would love to know what kind of necklace that was he had one. It would be pretty cool if he was wearing Glenn's Eagles necklace - that is if Glenn didn't toss it after they broke up.

Stuck on the Border

Here's another "sort of" review from Entertainment Weekly:
    http://ew.com/music/2017/07/17/class...wood-mac-more/

and Time Out with a brief writeup but a few pictures:
    https://www.timeout.com/los-angeles/...ic-west-071717

This has 42 pictures. There's one of Timothy at #35 (as he's on the end, he gets cut out of many of the photos).
    http://photos.dailynews.com/2017/07/...ger-stadium/#1
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 07-18-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I don't know if Classic West was sold out, but it did look packed. It looks like they didn't sell any tickets behind the stage which was good.

I think its going to sell out or be close to it. People love to buy tickets at the last second. When I saw Joe in Memphis last year, before I left home their were still a lot of tickets, but when I got there that night, it looked like the place was sold out. Not a single seat was empty.
    I watched some of the Doobie Brother clips and there were entire sections at the far outfields that were empty. I read there were a lot of problems with shuttle delays and many people got there late. I haven't had the chance to watch Earth, Wind and Fire yet. Both the Eagles and EW&F played the California Jam in '74 and here they are again at the Classic, both without their leader and co-founder.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...