Thread: Hair Help!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hair Help!

I've always wanted long hair, but now that I have it, it looks all limp and scraggly. I'm going to post a couple photos of it completely unstyled and ask for advice. How can I get my hair looking prettier? Or should I just cut it, like some of my friends suggest? Any advice welcome.

Note: I took these with my new iPad, which I'm not yet accustomed to - hence the puzzled look in this first one! I'm thinking Am I aiming this right? lol

From the back:

HELP!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Hair Help!

Too much weight to it. If you haven't had a trim in a while, get an inch or so off the bottom, then get layers all the way around? I can't tell from the pics if you have layers already, if you do, then more dramatic? You'll have the length and the weight off the outer-most layer will get rid of 'limp'. Maybe start small and see how it goes?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

My last haircut was in early November. I have gotten layers, although I don't think they were "dramatic" - what does that mean?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Instead of a couple inches apart in length, further apart. That's what I meant by dramatic. Also, maybe change up your shampoo and conditioner?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Is your hair thick or fine, Nancy? And what do you do with it - or perhaps more to the point, what do you have TIME to do with it?

I have really thick, heavy hair and have had it at a similar length to yours - but it looked much better cut to shoulder length, with layers in - it framed my face better and was easier to manage...
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border

Soda, it's up to you, but I just want to tell you that I really like your hair & I hope you wouldn't change it too much.

EK - It's fine, much to my dismay. I almost always wear it half-up, half-down; the sides are pulled back and in clip at the crown of my head, with the rest loose.

FP - thank you!

Hi sodascouts! I like the length and blunt cut look that your hair has now. I don't know whether you'd be really truly happy with a change in length or dramatic layers. You can always change the way you wear your hair by collecting styles that don't require a different haircut or length, and by trying them out to see how they'd look. It is nice to preserve that styling/versatility option. Maybe an occasional trim would keep the end-straggles even, and that might cause your hair to look thicker throughout its length.

I use Pantene Volume Shampoo. (only the shampoo--right now, not an additional conditioner)
    An add -- The Pantene two-in-one products (shampoo+conditioner) are not too bad, either.

P.S. There's no real "hair-magic" that a completely new haircut and style could give you. The conception is illusory. It is all practice, to get everything to work together in an individually complementary way.