Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Waiting In The Weeds

Default Re: Waiting In The Weeds

Is that video able to be viewed anymore?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I'm playing this right now.
    Exquisite.

And I agree with the earlier comments about the many layers of meaning. I heard Don's comment that the song was also the story of the band, and then I saw Soda's video which did an amazing job of showing the story of Glenn and Don. I would add that I also see it as the "love story" of the Eagles fans who were left Waiting In The Weeds (and definitely biding time with crows and sparrows!) when the band broke up - oh and between albums until this one came out!!! .

I love this song so much, the only thing I could possibly say against it is - I can't vacuum up spiders any more!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border

One of the best songs written in decades. I can't really think of anything else to say.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Love this song and it stands alone on this double album! Every word of this song is amazing. The verse with the county fair, I can see it, the ice cream, the ferris wheel. My favorite song on the album from the beginning.

Question for anyone who might know. The writing credit goes to Don and Stu. I know a few of the songs on the album give Stu writing credit. Anyone know if he's ever written for anyone else or anything besides off this album that we might know? Just curious. I'd like to know how much of the writing he's contributed to.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Is that video able to be viewed anymore?
    It's been taken off YouTube but I think you can find it on MySpace.

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan
    Question for anyone who might know. The writing credit goes to Don and Stu. I know a few of the songs on the album give Stu writing credit. Anyone know if he's ever written for anyone else or anything besides off this album that we might know? Just curious. I'd like to know how much of the writing he's contributed to.
    According to AllMusic.com, he wrote or co-wrote the following songs:

"My Past Is Present" - Rodney Crowell
    "Tell Me the Truth" - Rodney Crowell
    "My Own Damn Bed" - Julian Dawson
    "Take My Time" - Kerri Clark

That's all I could find.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

This is your Waiting in the Weeds video, right, sodascouts?

http://www.myspace.com/eaglesonlinec...video/23111890

I LOVE IT.
    ~Sara

Yes, that's it. Glad you like it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Waiting in the Weeds

I just before Glenn's sudden passing listened to Waiting in the Weeds fully having only heard snippets and it's an amazing Don song. An epic ballad ala Last Resort and particularly love Timothy's prominent harmony vocals and the "Darling of the chic" verse. It's up their with the Heart of the Matter in terms of Don's writing but I also think it's just as good as any of their 70s ballads like Lyin Eyes. For me it's rare to hear these classic bands produce a track as original and high quality as their best work but this for me should have been edited to a single when it came out, or name the LROOE album after it its that good. Wish I discovered it earlier..
    Same Dancers in the Same Old Shoes

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Waiting in the Weeds

OTB - I believe many of us here share your sentiment that Waiting in the Weeds is an absolutely gorgeous song - I know I do.

And since we already have a thread for the song, I went ahead and merged your thread with it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Default Re: Waiting in the Weeds

Quote Originally Posted by OntheBorder74 View Post
    I just before Glenn's sudden passing listened to Waiting in the Weeds fully having only heard snippets and it's an amazing Don song. An epic ballad ala Last Resort and particularly love Timothy's prominent harmony vocals and the "Darling of the chic" verse. It's up their with the Heart of the Matter in terms of Don's writing but I also think it's just as good as any of their 70s ballads like Lyin Eyes. For me it's rare to hear these classic bands produce a track as original and high quality as their best work but this for me should have been edited to a single when it came out, or name the LROOE album after it its that good. Wish I discovered it earlier..
    I very much agree with your post, very nicely put. It reminds me of exactly how I felt when I first heard the song a couple of years ago. It is among the finest lyrics Don has ever penned, although I also think Steuart Smith deserves a lot of credit for it as well because I believe he wrote the wonderful central chord sequence. It is, in my opinion, one of the top 15 Eagles songs of all time. I absolutely love the final couple of minutes with the beautiful combination of the harmony vocals, the piano and the mandolin. It's funny that you've mentioned this as yesterday marked exactly a year since I bought Long Road Out Of Eden (and thus completing my set of Eagles studio albums).

I hope you don't mind me asking OTB, but how familiar would you say you are with the rest of the LROOE album? Just curious because I myself tend to be a bit cynical towards 'comeback' albums and late career releases by bands, but I was impressed by the album and even better I've actually found it to be a grower over time rather than a fader.