Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: So are they breaking up?!

Default Re: So are they breaking up?!

I agree as well.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I definitely can't see Don continuing the band without his partner and brother. I also can't picture Don taking on the leadership role that Glenn had. Who wants to go and see "Don Henley and his backing band"? (to use an old quote). Would they completely omit any Glenn song? Because to many, if not almost all, fans, certain Eagles songs can only be sung by one Eagle.

But, we won't know for sure until they (probably Don or Irving), announce it, which probably won't be for a while.

I wouldn't be surprised if the guys have started thinking about their own mortality, and want to do other things and spend time with friends and family.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Can't imagine the Eagles without Glenn. The Eagles are no more, but their music will live on, so LONG LIVE THE EAGLES

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I can't see them going on without Glenn!!! No one can replace him!!! All we can do is live with all of the c.d.s, videos, and memories they gave us!!! They will always be the world's favvie band of all time!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    It's just like the Broadway play that will never be finished. I can't imagine the guys would ever continue without Glenn. I mean who can ever sing Take It Easy?

I would have been 1st in line for the Pigs Are Gonna Fly Tour but I will always have July 18th 2015 in Atlantic City to remember. That was a 1 year anniversary of my mom's passing. If you would have told me Glenn would have passed 6 months later I would have thought you were insane. He looked so happy & healthy.
    I have to disagree with you about the Broadway show. In fact, I think there will be even a bigger demand for it now... Did you think the actual Eagles were going to be in the show?? No, that was never happening. They will find young guys to play the young Eagles that can really sing. Have you seen Jersey Boys? Frankie Valli & the 4 Season are not in the show, yet the show is just fabulous!
    I think that Henley will continue with the plans for the show in Glenn's honor, & it will be a hit on Broadway. I would say that it's going to be another year though until it materializes, as I'm not sure how far they have come with the production.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1EyedWick View Post
    I do not mean to be rude or crass asking this question...and I actually do understand why for a few reasons BUT I do not understand on some levels why no one anywhere from what I can see has posted a simple question about The Eagles concerning Glenn's passing (R.I.P). Are the Eagles breaking up?! Are they continuing?! Why has not a single thought passed and been posted anywhere in the media or fans concerning this?! I'm dumbfounded.
    Henley never really needed Frey after he went solo so I would guess he will do some solo rehash tours. The Eagles reunion tours were easy money and I'm sure he's smart enough to do the same thing with Perfect Beast and End of Innocence material.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawman13 View Post
    I can't see them going on without Glenn!!! No one can replace him!!! All we can do is live with all of the c.d.s, videos, and memories they gave us!!! They will always be the world's favvie band of all time!!

No disrespect intended but the Stones have outlasted everyone.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I have to disagree with you about the Broadway show. In fact, I think there will be even a bigger demand for it now... Did you think the actual Eagles were going to be in the show?? No, that was never happening. They will find young guys to play the young Eagles that can really sing. Have you seen Jersey Boys? Frankie Valli & the 4 Season are not in the show, yet the show is just fabulous!
    I think that Henley will continue with the plans for the show in Glenn's honor, & it will be a hit on Broadway. I would say that it's going to be another year though until it materializes, as I'm not sure how far they have come with the production.
    JMS didn't state the Eagles were going to be in the Broadway show, just continuing the generalised opinion that they won't continue.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by BTSinAustin View Post
    Henley never really needed Frey after he went solo so I would guess he will do some solo rehash tours. The Eagles reunion tours were easy money and I'm sure he's smart enough to do the same thing with Perfect Beast and End of Innocence material.
    It was Frey who broke up the Eagles so the comment that Henley 'never really needed Frey' seems to me not appropriate.

It's only been two weeks & already we are back to this sort of stuff. I really don't need this.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

yeah. I think this would be the last thing on their minds at this point. some time down the road maybe but definitely not now