Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: So are they breaking up?!

Border Rebel

Default Re: To continue the Eagles

I can see doing a tribute, but not under the Eagles name.

The Eagles genesis came from Glenn. It was his baby, and he and Don H were the ones who kept it alive and thriving all these years with their fantastic songwriting, lead singing, harmonies, instrumentation, arrangements and management. To think that the band could go on with out Glenn or Don H. is just inconceivable, IMHO. And I have to believe that Don feels that way as well. Some of the lyrics from the songs on his new album made me think he didn't really want to go on with the Eagles, even if this hadn't happened:

"I'm taking one last victory lap and then I'll take a bow. Because I like where I am now."

"Though nostalgia is fine, I respectfully decline to spend my future living in the past. I've been carrying my load down this same old rocky road. Every day I'm getting deeper in a rut."

"Take a picture of this; this is me leaving. Take a picture of this; this is me walking away."

There are others, but I'm too lazy to go back and look right now. And no, I'm not sure all these are about the Eagles, but I have to think at least some of them are.

As others have said, I can see them doing a tribute to Glenn and maybe touring in twos or threes at some point, but I don't believe it will be as the Eagles. Just my two cents!

During an interview on CBS Sunday morning with the release of Cass County, DH indicated he was "fine" if the Eagles was over. Not sure they would have toured again, even without this sad event. I would pay to see a one-time tribute, but it would be just that, not an Eagles concert.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    The band does not need a shot in the arm. The band has come to an end.
    Amen!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: So are they breaking up?!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Blundell View Post
    Another band I like,Yes,has tried to continue without its founding vocalist Jon Anderson and now its founding bass player too,Chris Squire.

Its caused no end of division and disunity amongst the lifelong fans.

I would like to see all surviving ex Eagle & current Eagle members re-unite for perhaps a special musical memorial in Glenn's honour,but I agree full touring as The Eagles without Glenn just doesn't seem right.
    Yes fans are always dissatisfied! I speak from personal experience, I love the band.

I agree with your Eagles view but as Freypower says, it's not our place to tell them how to go forward. Having said that, I sincerely hope we can hear Glenn's unreleased solo material as well as the recent Eagles stuff. Shoot, I hope they release archival treasures too. But as the Italians say: live in hope, die in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Yes fans are always dissatisfied! I speak from personal experience, I love the band.

I agree with your Eagles view but as Freypower says, it's not our place to tell them how to go forward. Having said that, I sincerely hope we can hear Glenn's unreleased solo material as well as the recent Eagles stuff. Shoot, I hope they release archival treasures too. But as the Italians say: live in hope, die in despair.
    Well my family is about as Italain you can get and you have that right.

Out on the Border

Oh, man! It would be so great at some point for them to reform with the other past members one and two it would all keep Glenn's spirit alive and take everything to even more great levels of both creativity and excitement!

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Yeah. I honestly can't picture them going on. Not at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Brian Jasper View Post
    This is an open message to Don Henley: Nobody can replace Glenn; we all know that, but to continue the band there is only one choice worthy of being in the band and to give it a shot in the arm, when it is so desperately needed now: and that is Jackson Browne; he's always been in the family as a sort of auxiliary Eagle all along.
    No, No one can replace Glenn. He created the band.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by 1EyedWick View Post
    Oh, man! It would be so great at some point for them to reform with the other past members one and two it would all keep Glenn's spirit alive and take everything to even more great levels of both creativity and excitement!
    To put it mildly, I think you are missing the entire point.

This is the second time you have used the word 'excitement'. Forgive me if I fail to find anything even remotely 'exciting' in these events & their aftermath.

Agreed entirely. It's way too soon to begin to think about the band's status; although my bet is that, for all intents and purposes, the Eagles as we know them are done.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg