Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: So are they breaking up?!

Default Re: So are they breaking up?!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, I'm afraid I had to ban our dear friend BSinAustin after he sent me a nasty PM in reply to me sending him a warning about his behavior. Somehow I don't think anyone here will be too broken up about it, but I wanted to let you know you needn't reply to him anymore.
    hank you for taking out the trash.

As always Soda-you rock

Out on the Border Pete Blundell's Avatar

I have never met the Eagles or attended any of their concerts.
    They did come to the UK many years ago,but at the time my wife and I just couldn't afford the cost of the tickets.
    We were so sad we couldn't get to finally see them.

On our honeymoon back in 1990 we played the 1980 Eagles Live album constantly.
    They have been a large part of our lives since our early teens.

So although I never met Glenn,his music,songs and lyrics have touched my life deeply - and yes I grieve and miss him as if he was someone I had actually met and knew.

It'd like an important part of my life/growing up/ etc has been taken away.

That's how I feel anyway.
    "My man’s got it made; he’s gone far beyond the pain
    And we who must remain go on living just the same..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Blundell View Post
    I have never met the Eagles or attended any of their concerts.
    They did come to the UK many years ago,but at the time my wife and I just couldn't afford the cost of the tickets.
    We were so sad we couldn't get to finally see them.

On our honeymoon back in 1990 we played the 1980 Eagles Live album constantly.
    They have been a large part of our lives since our early teens.

So although I never met Glenn,his music,songs and lyrics have touched my life deeply - and yes I grieve and miss him as if he was someone I had actually met and knew.

It'd like an important part of my life/growing up/ etc has been taken away.

That's how I feel anyway.
    Thanks for sharing that, Pete. I, too, feel like the tickets were really very expensive. I did manage to catch their show once, but it was a big expense. That said, I find that all the concert tickets are so much more expensive these days and the Eagles were definitely worth it for me.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I have to disagree with you about the Broadway show. In fact, I think there will be even a bigger demand for it now... Did you think the actual Eagles were going to be in the show?? No, that was never happening. They will find young guys to play the young Eagles that can really sing. Have you seen Jersey Boys? Frankie Valli & the 4 Season are not in the show, yet the show is just fabulous!
    I think that Henley will continue with the plans for the show in Glenn's honor, & it will be a hit on Broadway. I would say that it's going to be another year though until it materializes, as I'm not sure how far they have come with the production.
    I hope the Broadway show takes place although Glenn was the one manning the whole thing. I hope the remaining Eagles camp resume production in some form. I think it will be like Jersey Boys or Beautiful (Carol King) where it's their life story. It might even be loosely based on their life story.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

It was the same with my family Pete and why we never were able to see The Eagles, even though my parents tried to in the late 90s but it was just too expensive to take all of us so they didn't go either. I do want to see Don and Joe if I ever can, like how I did get to see a Beatle when I saw Paul McCartney about 4 years ago. John's and George's tributes were so emotional and I feel this will happen now in the other Eagles' solo shows for Glenn.

I agree about the musical and hope it still gets made. If it is like "Jersey Boys" I know I'm going to love it. I became obsessed with that musical/movie, the cast, and refound my love for The Four Seasons music.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Out on the Border

Hi everyone,

First time poster, long-time fan. I agree that the band is done. I too would love to see a tribute show somewhere down the line. I loved what they did at the Grammys, it felt very appropriate. I'm glad I got to see them many times in the UK and I'm grateful for such a big part of my life. I really wouldn't want them to go down the 'Yes' route. That band should've died with Chris Squire IMO.

I also just got tickets to see Don in Hyde Park in July. I've never seen a Henley solo show.

The only way it could possibly work is by bringing back Bernie and bringing in Jackson Browne. It wouldn't be the same though and I frankly don't want to see it happen as much as I love both of those cats.
    "We don't wear sequins because we think we're great. We wear them because we think sequins are great."

Stuck on the Border

Don Henley, today:
    I think that was the final farewell, I don't think you'll see us performing again.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03m5kbh

Welp, that's a punch in the gut.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Newbie here...first actual post in a discussion.
    I happen to also be a huge fan of Queen....
    After Freddie Mercurys death they tried to carry on as Queen + Paul Rogers
    Didn't go over so well ...
    After a little break they added the kid from American Idol...

I post on a couple of Queen related forums and reactions are mixed .
    I personally just wish they would have said,
    " it's been a great ride,but with half of our band gone, Queen is no longer a band"
    I personally would much rather see the remaining Eagles if they wish to carry on simply form a new band, as in my opinion there is no way they can live up to the legacy that is the Eagles .MOO

Please be gentle ...it took me years of creeping here to actually join