Page 124 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1742

Thread: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

This one is worth a look. It's footage from a 1995 concert, starting with the soundcheck and a lot of closeups. The focus is mostly on Glenn (as it's a tribute) but there's quite a bit of Joe and Don Felder.
    https://youtu.be/0t6FgFc_r2U

Great find, UtW! Love that HFO era!

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Thank you so much for sharing this!!Glenn is so adorable. And he rocked the HFO era for sure

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Stuck on the Border

I'm a bit annoyed about this. For the last few weeks, I've been checking the BBC schedules from time to time in case they re-ran the 1973 concert so I could save it to my tv hard disk. And I missed it. It was shown last night. It's available (to people within the UK) for another 29 days on iPlayer.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ert-the-eagles

The picture is so clear, you pick out things like the parting in Glenn's moustache and the gleam in Bernie's eye.

Border Troubadour

I know, UTW - they had advertised the HOTE doc for last night and as I had watched it the night before on Sky Arts I didn't bother looking again but now it seems they showed the 'Eagles at the BBC'. Is this the show that's featured in the Earlybirds DVD?

I can't get the BBCiplayer in Ireland.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border

Yes, it's the one on Earlybirds, just better quality and possibly with fewer songs. The last time I recorded it (which got wiped accidentally) it didn't have Witchy Woman although that was in the programme description.

Stuck on the Border

Seven Bridges Road deconstructed. I was particularly interested to hear Joe - he's a better harmony singer than I expected.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4lwJw6g2gM

Wow! Thanks for sharing that, UTW!

I have always had trouble breaking down the Eagles harmonies. I always assume it's because their voices blend so well together. Being a Joe fan, I've been particularly interested in his harmonies. This gave me a chance to hear him. I noticed that Joe's is the part that sometimes changes at the end of the line just a little sooner than the others. I like how his part does that. I agree with you - Joe does a good job! I always remember Soda and Dreamer mentioned after a show they had gone to that they thought Joe's mic was off during a particular song. I think my hubby may have said something like that before, also, so I feel this vindicates Joe (in my mind, at least.)

I also noted that Timothy and Don Felder are basically singing the same part, but octaves apart. I was never sure who was singing the lowest range, not really being familiar with Don Felder's singing voice. When I hear all of these harmonies together it gives me chills. That's how good they were.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks so much for that vid UTW!!! I love this as I've always been fascinated by their harmonies and this song especially. It's so great getting to hear everyone's parts and finally confirms to me that Felder was the baritone/bass. And I love finally hearing Joe's part too and Timothy's. Reminds me too of my choir days and when my high school vocal director would spend the day working with the boys to work out their harmonies and hearing them practice it over and over. She would work with them in each section and them bring them all together and I was just amazed. I know we girls were supposed to work on our homework on those days but I never did as I was just so impressed. LOL I know it's one of the reasons I've always loved the Eagles too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

OMG - thanks so much for finding this, UTW. This is the first time I've ever heard the harmonies of the song deconstructed like this. I knew it was possible to do, but I don't have the equipment and/or technology to do it.

It is awesome to hear each of them in isolation like this. I can often pick out all the guy's harmonies fairly well except for Joe. PM, I remember something about a show or two that Soda and I were at where we wondered about Joe's singing on the song, but I have no idea what show it was so it's hard to find it. I was thinking that we didn't think Joe was singing at all in some parts of the song, but I can't remember exactly. But, in any event, he sounds awesome here. I went back and listened to the 'whole' song and I actually can now hear Joe's voice in some parts that I could never pick out before.

LOVE IT!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016