Page 267 of 301 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Here's a nice article. The A to Z of the Eagles.

http://www.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle...-to-Z-804.aspx

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Pretty cool info in that article! Thank you for sharing

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

I was reading this somewhat disturbing article about a teen groupie in the 70s that lost her virginity at 15 to David Bowie and then dated Jimmy Page at the same age https://www.thrillist.com/entertainm...to-david-bowie

Which led me to another article which mentions Don Henleys 1980 arrest for delinquincy of a minor (16). I guess the not so pleseant side of rock stars.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...e-problem.html

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Here's a nice article. The A to Z of the Eagles.

http://www.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle...-to-Z-804.aspx
    Thanks for that link, shun. I just now got around to reading this. I noticed it was written by Andrew Vaughan, the author of two Eagles books: 1.) The Eagles - An American Band and 2.) The Eagles FAQs. This article is okay, but pretty much a rehash of the same ole, same ole, just spinned in an A - Z format. However, I have to say, it is criminal that there is not one single mention of Timothy, IMHO. That stood out like a huge sore thumb to me. And then, I scrolled down to read the comment and was reassured that I was not alone!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks for that link, shun. I just now got around to reading this. I noticed it was written by Andrew Vaughan, the author of two Eagles books: 1.) The Eagles - An American Band and 2.) The Eagles FAQs. This article is okay, but pretty much a rehash of the same ole, same ole, just spinned in an A - Z format. However, I have to say, it is criminal that there is not one single mention of Timothy, IMHO. That stood out like a huge sore thumb to me. And then, I scrolled down to read the comment and was reassured that I was not alone!
    No, dreamer, you're not alone at all. I actually read the whole thing and looked it over again, incredulous that Ringo Starr is in the Eagles A-Z, but Timothy B. Schmit, not there at all. This bothers me. How does this happen?

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border

This article starts with the announcement of the tribute to Glenn Frey at the Troubadour, but soon turns into a great pro-Eagles rant.
    http://www.tennessean.com/story/ente...ey--/80070936/
    Like many music lovers, I was saddened by the media reports of Frey’s death, but soon I grew angry at the negativity in some of the coverage, most notably The New York Daily News' Gersh Kuntzman, who wrote on the day after Frey’s death, “No disrespect to Glenn Frey — whose death this week is a cause for genuine mourning — but the Eagles were, quite simply, the worst rock and roll band.”

Let me just say to Kuntzman, I mean plenty of disrespect when I say you are an insensitive, elitist jerk who clearly remains out of touch with what the Eagles’ music means to most of America.

The Eagles are America’s band; they always have been and they always will be. Their harmonies and musical abilities are beyond reproach. Indeed, every time I hear them, I am reminded of just how good they are.

Of course, this isn’t just my opinion. The proof is in the numbers: "The Eagles, Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975" was recognized as the top-selling album of the century by the Recording Industry Association of America and they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998. But it goes far beyond sales and awards.

What some critics never got is that the Eagles were the band to whom many Americans most related. While I love the songwriting, artistry and music of the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and David Bowie, for instance, I couldn’t always relate to their perspectives or the lives they were leading. The Eagles seemed like normal guys who dressed like their audiences, and, as Henley noted in the recent Eagles documentary, they were even accused of loitering onstage. There was no strutting like proud shirtless peacocks for the Eagles; it was all about the music.

The Eagles have been the living embodiment of the American dream. Not only did they look like us, but they shared our common histories, dreams, touchstones and sensibilities. Their songs have nuance and multi-layered meanings that fans continued to discover as their lives unfold and new experiences lead to fresh interpretations of a lyric.

I can’t remember a time when I didn’t love the Eagles. When I was younger, the first thing my sister and I listened to in the morning was the Eagles’ vinyl album, which was also the last music we enjoyed at night. Then, later, I listened to them on CDs while driving. Now, I enjoy their music on my iPhone, and rest assured, I will acquire their music on whatever technology appears next. My memories and their music are so intertwined that I can no longer detect where each begin and end.
    The rest of the article is about the tribute tonight.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's great the writer wrote that. That's exactly how I feel too. Their music is so intertwined with my memories, especially my childhood, that it just feels like a part of my life and family.

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

That article is how I feel as well!! They have been one of my favvie bands for a long time!! My family got me into loving The Eagles!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Like Glenn said, "People didn't just listen to the Eagles. They did things to the Eagles".

That article sums it up very nicely. The lack of coverage by the big media entities is inexcusable, but I prefer to look at the tributes from fans, fellow musicians, and friends. They're the ones whose words really matter, imo.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for posting that Tennessean article, UTW. Now that's a writer who really understands the psyche of a true music lover. I really enjoyed reading an article written by someone who 'gets' it!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016