Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: South of Sunset

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: South of Sunset

Happy belated anniversary to the airing of South of Sunset.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I don't believe this has been posted and hopefully this is the right place to put it. This is an article from New York Magazine published in October 1993 about Aries Spears, and there are a couple of Glenn mentions. There's also a cool picture of them from one of the scenes.

https://books.google.com/books?id=eC..."Aries Rising"

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I don't believe this has been posted and hopefully this is the right place to put it. This is an article from New York Magazine published in October 1993 about Aries Spears, and there are a couple of Glenn mentions. There's also a cool picture of them from one of the scenes.

https://books.google.com/books?id=eC..."Aries Rising"
    Very cool and funny! And Glenn looks great, as usual.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

I love his quote (borrowed from Jackson Browne) about "the brave and crazy wings of youth."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for posting that Delilah. It was an interesting read. Aries was/is a very talented guy - not that he hasn't been successful, but it is surprizing to me that he didn't achieve more success. Maybe he decided superstardom wasn't for him and he was more content with moderate success.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I've been trawling the net for Eagles-related articles and came across a couple of South of Sunset interviews. I like the impression they give of the man. He's pretty humble when talking about acting.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1...-tv-super-bowl

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-10-...6_1_glenn-frey

[I hope it's ok to keep posting these old articles. I'm sure long-time fans have read them all.]
    To commemorate the anniversary of the airing of "South of Sunset", I thought I would "hijack" UTW's post from years ago. (Hope you don't mind!). Since it is also the anniversary of the airing of Hell Freezes Over (yesterday) one year later, I think it is interesting to see where Glenn's head was at in 1993. In '92 he was talking about going to Nashville to cut an album of acoustic-type numbers ("Girl From Yesterday"?), before SOS came out of nowhere.
    Although it needed better writers, I really enjoyed SOS. And I would have loved that album. But I'm really glad "Hell Froze Over"!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Love these interviews. Fantastic quote from the article in the Trib: "I'm from the Midwest. I've got to have a job. I have this work ethic. If it's Monday morning, I've got to get up and go to work and earn money for my family."

Great articles - thanks for reposting. I so wish that Nashville album had happened!

Pippin, the work ethic quote caught my eye as well - he certainly could've "taken it easy" after the Eagles, but he was always staying busy with something and trying new things.

I liked the quote about his family/fatherhood too.

Happy 25th Anniversary to the premiere of South of Sunset. Fate always come into play. IMO If this show wasn't cancelled after one episode, the Eagles probably wouldn't had gotten back together 2 months later and HFO probably wouldn't happened. Maybe they would had gotten back together, but later down the road.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Happy 25th Anniversary to the premiere of South of Sunset. Fate always come into play. IMO If this show wasn't cancelled after one episode, the Eagles probably wouldn't had gotten back together 2 months later and HFO probably wouldn't happened. Maybe they would had gotten back together, but later down the road.

Happy Anniversary, SOS! You are probably right, Shun. But you have to wonder why they didn't allow it at least a few showings to see if it could build an audience. A lot of hit shows took a while to catch on. To go to all that trouble and then drop it after one showing to me is like opening a new business and closing after one day because you didn't like the sales numbers! You've gotta give it a chance!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."