Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heart

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Default Re: Heart

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    A couple of my friends are trying to get me to go on a "Women Who Rock" cruise in November that features Heart, Emmylou Harris, and the Indigo Girls among others. I'm not interested because the price is pretty steep, but I bet many hardcore Heart fans would find it worth the money!
    that sounds awesome! but if you think prices are steep, I'm sure I would agree!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

It would really be cool to go to something like that! And Soda, you fit the mold for 'women who rock'!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

here is a really classy tribute to one of Heart's main influences http://youtu.be/mf2O3OAQjng

Just watched their latest performance on Palladia the other night. They are one of those bands I really hope to get to see live. Nancy Wilson is an amazing rhythm guitarist and Ann Wilson is one my favorite rock n' roll vocalists ever along with Stevie Nicks. Nancy is my favorite though in Heart. But I'm a guitarist so I'm biased.

I was playing guitar the other night and I had this riff in my head and started playing it, only to find out later that it was "Even It Up". I love the way she plays rhythm guitar, much like Keith Richards or Malcolm Young... And not to forget her stage antics and energy! The kick she does during Crazy On You is amazing.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Ah, yes - Ann and Nancy - the Wilson sisters. Incredible musicians/singers and drop-dead gorgeous. Back in my misspent youth, they inspired many an interesting mental...scenario.

"You can check out any time you like,
    But you can never leave!"

I can imagine that Rick

Just saw them last Friday.

OMG - SO good... My 2nd favorite concert after HOTE Eagles show.

The vocals were stunning, the guitar work was incredible, and Nancy was stunning as well. Lots of cool guitars between her and Craig Bartock, the lead player.

There is a LOT of groove in their uptempo rockin' tunes. From four-on-the-floor stuff like Straight On to the galloping riff of Barracuda.

I tend to like Straight On, Kick It Out, Even It Up, and Heartless the most - even more than Crazy On You, Magic Man, and Barracuda. The exception as usually I prefer the biggest hits in a band.

Those songs I mentioned have a good head-bopping, gotta move groove.

I'm such a fan of the 80s stuff too. Alone gave me CHILLS and goosebumps when Ann sang the choruses. Such a tremendous voice.

Here's a pic of the sisters:

-Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Sounds like a fantastic concert Austin. Glad you enjoyed them. I think I saw them in Dublin around 1990 if I'm not mistaken
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Austin, glad you had a good time! I so wish I could have gone to that show, the closest one to me this tour.

So, obviously they didn't take your camera away! Did they have camera nazis around? Any other rules about standing or sitting?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Austin, glad you had a good time! I so wish I could have gone to that show, the closest one to me this tour.

So, obviously they didn't take your camera away! Did they have camera nazis around? Any other rules about standing or sitting?
    Haha you are just trying to get me stirred up aren't you.

No camera nazis, "light" security, and no rules!

If you see any pics or vids of the audience at any show - everyone has their phones out and is taking pics, taking videos, posting updates, and whatnot. I think every artist should welcome that. I mean how much money are they going to lose on a smartphone-quality video?! They aren't going to say "well I saw it on a phone so I don't need to go". They are going to say "That looks soooo fun, I should have been there and will go next time".

I'm one of the most classic rock traditionalist there is but I fully embrace smartphones in concerts and posting to social media. I think both older artists and concertgoers have to accept it at some point. They don't have to love it or participate, but Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube are the future and most concertgoers are going to be posting things from the concert to those networks... I think people who have a problem with that are most likely fuddy duddy artists. And I'm an old soul but I still embrace that. I think it's great for exposure and fun to share with friends. I love the artists who encourage it too and have special hashtags for the tour, and not just accept it. I don't see anything wrong with social media. In fact, for an introvert like me - it's my main source of communication - right or wrong. I know real life is important, but it's tough for me.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger