Page 85 of 166 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Just because a artist makes a few million on a show does mot mean they get to see it all. I can gaurentee that they dont spend the money on big houses after a tour. They got Taxes, Health Insuarnce, Expense, Bills to pay just like everyone else.

The band may make 100 million on a tour but they can most likely only see 1 million of that if possible.

Border Desperado

I find it interesting that a few have chosen to label the band that Glenn worked so hard to keep functioning after 1994 and spent so much time perfecting as---------"remnants". As though the use of that word will elicit some kind of anger or hurt or shock when others read the posts where it has been used. We're all just "remnants" of the generations of our families (biological or business) who have passed on before us.
    Last edited by WKMB55; 05-21-2017 at 09:51 AM.

Banned

That's a nice sentiment WKMB55. The Circle Of Life.

I don't know how much money the Eagles make but they were regulars in the list of top earners when Glenn was alive so I imagine that is still the bracket that they are aiming for. I'm sure they'd expect to earn more than a million net.

The Status Quo story is unique to themselves. Before Rick Parfitt died they became two bands, a rock band and an acoustic band. The rock band has probably died with Rick although I don't think it would take hell freezing over for it to plug in again. A few lean years would probably do it.

Like the Eagles, I'd say Francis Rossi uses the Quo name as it is far more lucrative than using his own. I think they are one of the bands that have recruited a replacement from a tribute act.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    I find it interesting that a few have chosen to label the band that Glenn worked so hard to keep functioning after 1994 and spent so much time perfecting as---------"remnants". As though the use of that word will elicit some kind of anger or hurt or shock when others read the posts where it has been used. We're all just "remnants" of the generations of our families (biological or business) who have passed on before us.
    The word isn't meant to elicit anger. It was used first by Soda, the administrator of the board. It seems to me that if she used it, then I can. Without Glenn, it is an accurate description. The use of the word 'Eagles' to describe this entity is not appreciated by me now either, so it works both ways.

Border Rebel

It's interesting that although we saw the clip of Deacon jamming/rehearsing with Joe, he hasn't been on stage with him in any of his shows so far (to my knowledge, anyway). I wonder if he will appear with Joe and/or Don before the Classic East/West concerts? Those seems like such huge places for him to make his debut and get used to the crowds!

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    It's interesting that although we saw the clip of Deacon jamming/rehearsing with Joe, he hasn't been on stage with him in any of his shows so far (to my knowledge, anyway). I wonder if he will appear with Joe and/or Don before the Classic East/West concerts? Those seems like such huge places for him to make his debut and get used to the crowds!
    I definitely think it was preparing him for East/West.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I definitely think it was preparing him for East/West.
    I do, too, but I wonder if they'll have him in front of an audience before East/West. Otherwise, it would have to be a pretty overwhelming experience for him!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

How old is Deacon?

Stuck on the Border

NightMist - Someone here on the board said he just turned 24 in April.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    NightMist - Someone here on the board said he just turned 24 in April.
    Wow, he's the same exact age (month and all) as my son. It would take a certain kind of a person to step into that level of "Eagles pressure cooker" at that age. But then, it's really a great opportunity. It's probably not something he wants to do long term, but what a fantastic introduction to the high-level concert scene and good way to make his name known, apart from his father's.