Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    We plan to see Paul McCartney for the first time in July. I'm really looking forward to it!
    You're going to love it! He puts on a phenomenal show.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    While I was lucky enough to meet Lindsey at a hotel bar in Chicago once after a show, I don't see that happening again. That was back in 2006, when he was much more likely to be seen hanging out after a show. Things have changed in recent years. I think he might go right to bed afterwards, lol. Still, it doesn't hurt to try...
    You mean because of his age, he's less likely to be hanging out? I'm surprised he was still hanging out in 2006! It must take some hours to wind down after a show though.

Good luck meeting Christine, I hope it happens for you. Maybe you'll see her in the bar! She liked to sip champagne back in the day I imagine she's given up all of her vices though, such as smoking.

Stuck on the Border

I'm booked to see Andy Fairweather-Low and the Low Riders again.

I saw them just over two years ago in a small venue (300 capacity) and it was a really good show. A couple of months later they were opening for Eric Clapton at MSG which is quite a contrast! ALW and one of his band used to be sidemen for Clapton for many years so it's not surprising they got the gig (and if you've watched Claton's MTV Unplugged show, ALW is the other guitarist on stage). So good musicians, a frontman who was once the lead singer of a chart-topping teen band before a 30 year career playing with the likes of Clapton, Roger Waters, George Harrison and Bill Wyman. The songs are a mix of original material and interesting covers but the old hits aren't forgotten, either and all this is held together by an engaging host.

If they come your way, it's worth seeing them.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Cool, TW!

I'm seeing Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie in both Detroit and Chicago this July. I'm not flying; it'll be a fun road trip with some fellow Fleetwood Mac fans.
    Fun! Is this at Northerly Island?

Quote Originally Posted by L101 View Post
    I'm so happy !! I got my pre-sale tickets to see Jackson Browne in Dublin on June 16 !! Happy days
    I finally got to see Jackson Browne last night - he was excellent!! I saw him at the end of a 4 night run in Dublin and he was loving every minute of it. He was highly amused by the "Irish reactions" (as he called it) from the audience
    His voice is just as strong as ever and although he didn't sing the two songs that I wanted to hear (Walls and Doors and Late for the sky), he sang those on the first night, I forgave him as he was just so good! Running on Empty brought the house down!!

People kept asking him to sing Peaceful Easy Feeling - he kept saying that he doesn't know why they ask him to sing that as he doesn't know that many Eagles songs to sing - though he did sing PEF once, about 5 years ago with someone at the end of the night - then he launched straight into Take It Easy. Great way to finish off a brilliant night.

It was hard at some points during the night, as my brother, who loved Jackson Browne, passed away last week after a short battle with cancer and I went with my sister and niece (my brothers daughter) to see him. I think Jackson noticed us during our sad bits, as he walked across the stage a few times and smiled directly at us - we were in the front row in front of him, he must have thought we were weird, or just really into his music. It was so nice to see that he noticed his audience and how they reacted. I'm so glad I went to see him, and he is such a gentleman with a funny sense of humour.

"The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

L101, so sorry for the loss of your brother.

Thank you for sharing your lovely evening with JB.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Styx & REO- July
    Seger-Oct

Stuck on the Border

L1O1 - Please accept my deepest sympathy on the passing of your father.
    Thanks for the great review.

Going to see Guns N' Roses July 27th (2017) in St. Louis at The Dome at America's Center.

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your brother, L101. I hope Jackson's concert provided some comfort. Thank you for posting the review and the lovely pictures.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...