Thread: Will they play again?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Will they play again?

In a recent interview with Joe, he says that after Glenn's death, he and Don agreed to do their own thing for a year and then revisit the situation to see if the Eagles could continue. This is contrary to what Don said in that the Eagles would not perform again. I don't think the band will continue without Glenn. What is your opinion?

Banned

Default Re: Will they play again?

Joe said the Eagles would likely reunite sometime in the future as far back as 1981. He reckoned they'd all miss being in a band. Don apparently said the Eagles would reunite when hell froze over. Who's the more believable.

If Irving comes forward with right offer, I don't see Glenn's death being an obstacle to playing together again. Glenn and Joe toured together in the early nineties.

Don and Joe are as different now as when Joe first joined the Eagles in 1975, they seem incompatible but it worked then, it can work again. If they're going to do a tour sharing the billing with anyone, they are each others obvious choice. If Tim and Bernie are involved too it's an Eagles reunion whatever the official billing states.

Don and Joe are both currently having a great time working with their respective bands

The members might do some projects, but they'll never be The Eagles again.

Border Troubadour

I concur, I suspect if Don H, Joe and whoever else were to collaborate together in future, which I suppose is entirely possible, it would be released under a different banner, and whether or not people identify it as the Eagles despite it not leagally being so is up to them (there are people who maintain Eagles without Felder isn't the Eagles so everyone has different boundaries). I wouldn't mind seeing Don H and Joe tour together in the same way that Glenn and Joe did, I think there would be a fair amount of mileage in having say Don do ten songs then vacate for Joe to do ten, then both coming back together at the end for six or so Eagles numbers.

As an example, various members of Yes have been together over the years outwith the band doing their new material, and even though all of them have their name heavily associated together as the band, it is still released under their surnames as a separate project.

Stuck on the Border

It wouldn't be the Eagles without Glenn.

However, this is Joe's interview:

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/ae-musi...-tour-politics

It's up to them, I suppose. I have my own opinion, which is that they should play a one off tribute to Glenn & then resume their own careers. Whatever they do, it will not be billed as 'Eagles'.

It can never be the same again & stating that it is similar to the period when the band was not together is not right.
    Last edited by Freypower; 08-17-2016 at 09:07 PM.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

I've envisioned the possibility of Don Felder corralling Bernie, Tim and Joe's Walsh & Vitale into touring and recording as "The New Eagles." Henley would probably sue before that got off the ground, though.

In other words, regarding the topic question, probably not(aside from a prospective one-off tribute show).
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It wouldn't be the Eagles without Glenn.

......It can never be the same again & stating that it is similar to the period when the band was not together is not right.
    The Eagles were never the same again after Bernie left then after Randy and even after Felder left. As thelastresort said some fans are adamant that it wasn't the Eagles without Felder.

The only thing that is for certain is that the Eagles cannot play with Glenn again... well not in this world.