Page 46 of 201 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread (2016-2020)

Default Re: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread

@New Kid: I have no idea. I think Glenn must have been a watch nut, though. Seems like he always wore one.

A "mood watch" maybe? LOLOLOL.

Stuck on the Border

Pippin - Lol - I agree. I have rarely seen a picture without him wearing a watch. I think he was just part of that generation where everyone wore watches. I've noticed he wore his watches on both his right and left hand.
    I wear my watch all the time and if I forget to put it on I don't feel completely dressed-lol.

I'm the same way. Gotta have my watch. What's interesting about Glenn is that he did wear his watch on either wrist. Most southpaws wear it on their right wrist, although my dad was a lefty and wore his watch on his left hand consistently. Of course, Glenn played guitar right-handed, but wrote and batted left-handed. Mixed-up kid. LOL. He may have been one of those people who wrote left-handed, but could do nearly anything else either way. Some people are like that. I am so right-handed, it's pitiful. Hehe.

Power to the Southpaws!!! I'm a lefty myself and I wear my watch on my right wrist. I've been wearing it on my right wrist since I was a kid. I can't leave home without my watch. I do feel naked without it. I even forget to get my earrings, but I can live with that. But forgetting my watch its hard.

I had always wonder if it was hard for him at first to learn how to play the guitar right-handed or maybe their weren't that many left-handed guitars around when he was growing up. A lot of left-handed singers played the guitar right-handed.

Glenn is always wearing a watch or even a bracelet on his arm. When the guys were touring during the HOTE, Glenn was wearing a watch, but later on in the tour he was wearing a sweetband or his wrist taped on his left wrist instead of his watch.

I think he and Joe are the only ones that wear watches.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Well, I'm in good company ! I wear my watch on my right wrist. I eat & bowl left handed but write right handed. I can bat both ways.

I think it must have been hard for Glenn to learn to play right handed. My BIL, who is a musician and has been in bands since he was a teenager said they did not make a lot of left handed guitars back then, they were hard to find, and more expensive than the right handed guitars. I would guess that is why he had to play right handed.

Shun - I think yesterday was National Left Hander's Day ! I thought of Glenn and all the borders who are "true lefties", not partial like me-lol. So Happy belated National Left Hander's Day !

Maybe I'm the only one who thought this..but you know the publicity photo of the group (3.0) with Deacon in the center? I couldn't help but notice that he was wearing a watch(as most young people don't), and almost seemed to be drawing attention to it --- with his sleeve pushed up. I remember wondering at the time if it was his Dad's. He also was wearing one in that solo shot where he is wearing the gray speckled jacket.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border

FF - Yeah, I noticed that. Not that I am privy to any kind of info but, I would guess Deacon and Otis inherited Glenn's watches/jewelry. My brother was given my father's watch when he passed. Obviously, he has his guitars. Knowing how much Glenn loved his watches I would guess there were quite a few.

Watches are so personal. And you keep them. My dad's been gone nearly 22 years, but his watch is carefully kept in my mom's dresser.

If you ever see a pic of Taylor wearing a large watch, it's a safe bet it was Glenn's. I haven't seen such a pic, but I'm sure she probably has one of his watches. One of those sweet, tangible reminders...

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    Soooooo cute! Some watch...
    Glenn had a boo boo. Who wants to kiss the finger and make it better.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Me, Me, Me!