Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Eagles backing vocals

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Interesting Eagles Work that Some May Not Have Heard

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    True, but we could look up sources on the internet. What I thought might make things interesting is if people post their favourites.
    If you look at the other thread people did mention their favourites. Mine are Glenn's appearances on Randy Newman's Little Criminals album & his harmonies on Bob Seger's Shame On The Moon.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Thanks. I'm reading the other thread too. But, I started this thread as I didn't want to me-rail the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I have always loved this - Timothy collaborations.

Wynona, Juice Newton, Dwight Yoakim, Tim McGraw, THE SIMPSONS - lots of things most people wouldn't know about! Check it out -

https://www.allmusic.com/artist/timo...604940/credits
    I know, right? LOL...the list goes on forever! Scroll , scroll, scroll!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up. In that case this could make for a long thread if we’re including individual Eagles’ contributions and not as a group. Also, not “very widely known” opens it up, esp. if you mean regarding the general public and not the more hardcore fans.

Anyway, I found this thread that may be if some help since it covers the same topic and goes on for a few pages.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=4298
    Thanks for going back and finding that! I'll merge the threads since they're about the same topic.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Eagles backing vocals

You’re welcome Soda.

It’s probably common knowledge that the Eagles contributed to Linda Ronstadt’s early albums so maybe this is not so obscure. However I don’t think I’ve seen these particular songs posted and they are seldom mentioned, which is somewhat surprising considering how critical these collaborations were in the creation of the band.

From her 1971 s/t album, this is “Birds” with Don H and Randy singing backing vocals and Glenn playing one of the guitar parts. Don H is also playing drums (to my ears there seems to be a 3rd backing vocal too but only Don and Randy are credited).
    [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jRT5R7e6lQw[/ame]

From the same album, this is “Rescue Me” with Don H, Randy and Glenn singing backing vocals. Glenn also plays guitar and Don plays drums. Glenn can be heard especially towards the end singing the answering vocals.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r2w0l0-bO0s[/ame]

Bernie, Don, Glenn and Randy contribute backing vocals, guitar, bass, and/or drums to 7 other tracks on the album. Glenn also has an arrangement credit for “Rock Me on the Water.”

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...