Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles backing vocals

Out on the Border

Default The Eagles backed them up

I did quite a bit of searching and didn't see this, so apologies if it's already here somewhere.

I was listening to the Against The Wind album from Bob Seger. On Fire Lake the backing vocals were instantly recognizable as Eagles. I've had that record since it was first released but hadn't heard it in a while.

So I read the liner notes and of course it lists Don, Glenn and Timothy for Fire Lake and Glenn for the title track.

Then I remembered another record with a little Eagles help. Another Page by Christopher Cross. The songs Deal Em Again and Nature Of The Game both feature Don Henley and JD Souther (related but not an official Eagle, right?).

Maybe most of you know these already, but I figure there must be more. Any others come to mind?

Default Re: The Eagles backed them up

From Jackson Browne's For Everyman album, Colors of the Sun, harmony credit Don Henley, Redneck Friend, harmony credit Glenn Frey.

From Jackson's The Pretender, The Only Child, harmony credit Don Henley

Don Henley sang on All Good Things from the I'm Alive album.

Don Henley is credited with harmonies on Jackson's Late For the Sky album, but it doesn't give a breakdown for which songs.

Those are the ones I know of.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    From Jackson Browne's For Everyman album, Colors of the Sun, harmony credit Don Henley, Redneck Friend, harmony credit Glenn Frey.

From Jackson's The Pretender, The Only Child, harmony credit Don Henley

Don Henley sang on All Good Things from the I'm Alive album.

Don Henley is credited with harmonies on Jackson's Late For the Sky album, but it doesn't give a breakdown for which songs.

Those are the ones I know of.
    I didn't know Henley sang on that song, I just listened to it and could hear him lol. Hmmm interesting.

Glenn sang on Dan Fogelburg's "Hard to say"....

Stuck on the Border

Information about guest appearances is here:

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/solo/...ppearances.htm

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/solo/...ppearances.htm

http://www.timothybschmitonline.com/...uest/index.htm

I can give more information about the actual songs if required (particularly Frey's). For now I will just add that Walsh appeared on Warren Zevon's Rub Me Raw, from The Wind, and Felder appeared on Stevie Nicks' album Bella Donna (guitar on The Highwayman, on which Henley played drums & sings background) and Bob Seger's album Stranger In Town (guitar on Ain't Got No Money).

Out on the Border

Cool, I figured there would be quite a few. I have Stranger In Town, will have to get that one out later. There are several Jackson Browne albums in my collection but none of those listed. I'll have to check those out too.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I think Glenn and maybe Don were on some of Linda Ronstadt's albums. I don't have them here or I would look.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Felder appeared on Stevie Nicks' album Bella Donna (guitar on The Highwayman, on which Henley played drums & sings background)
    Felder also played guitar on Stevie's album The Wild Heart, and Don Henley also sang backup on "Reconsider Me" which is a rarity found on her box set Enchanted. To be complete, let's not forget to mention Henley's duet with Stevie "Leather and Lace" from Bella Donna, although I suppose you could argue that one goes without saying!

I could've sworn Felder also played on Street Angel, but he's not listed on AllMusic.com (my resource for finding most of this info) and I don't have the album with me at my parent's house to check - even AllMusic is not perfect, as I found out when seeking to find all the material on which Glenn has appeared. There were a few not mentioned on the site. Of course, my memory could just be playing tricks on me!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    I think Glenn and maybe Don were on some of Linda Ronstadt's albums. I don't have them here or I would look.
    All four original Eagles were on Ronstadt's self-titled album. Glenn and Don Henley were also on Heart Like a Wheel and Don't Cry Now.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I only didn't mention Leather & Lace as I considered it common knowledge.

I have another one for Joe - he plays on Steve Winwood's Back In The High Life album on the song Freedom Overspill.

We all have our favourite backing appearances. Mine are Glenn's appearances on Randy Newman's Little Criminals (Don,Tim & Joe are on that album too) & Bob Seger's The Distance. Most people prefer his backing vocals on Against The Wind, but I'm a Shame On The Moon person.

I do like the rare occasions when Don has played drums on 'other' records as with The Highwayman, and Zevon's The Wind where he plays on Dirty Life & Times.

Oh, and Felder is on the Bee Gees' He's A Liar, from Living Eyes, which is a favourite of mine although it was not a success by their standards.

Regarding Linda Ronstadt Henley sings on Blue Bayou from Simple Dreams.

Joe Walsh played slide guitar on REO Speedwagon's "Ridin' The Storm Out".
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."