Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: "Cass County" Survivor Game

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default "Cass County" Survivor Game

Time for the Cass County Song Survivor! If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview

I'm going to list the songs of Cass County here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for your LEAST favorite, not your favorite.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

While these games can get heated, remember it's all in good fun. You can debate the merits of a song, but don't badger people who don't vote the same way you do.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The exception is the last round. If the tie-breaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stands.

Note: In order to avoid voter fraud and trolling, we require that you must be "a member in good standing" as defined by the Terms of Service for at least two weeks before the start of the game in order to cast a vote.

GAME OVER!

The winner is:

Train in the Distance

Songs Eliminated:
    When I Stop Dreaming 3/24
    She Sang Hymns Out of Tune 3/26
    Too Much Pride 3/28
    Praying for Rain 3/30
    Bramble Rose 4/01
    Words Can Break Your Heart 4/03
    Too Far Gone 4/05
    Waiting Tables 4/07
    A Younger Man 4/09
    It Don’t Matter To the Sun 4/11
    The Brand New Tennessee Waltz 4/13
    Where I Am Now 4/15
    Here Come Those Tears Again 4/17
    Take a Picture of This 4/19
    The Cost of Living 4/21
    That Old Flame 4/23
    No, Thank You 4/25

Thanks for playing and hope everyone enjoyed the game.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: "Cass County" Survivor Game

I'll post the first vote of the first Cass County Survivor

My vote goes for Too Much Pride

I HATE this song with a passion and I do feel bad about it as it is one of Don's songs but I just hate everything about it - the way he sings it, the piano, that bluesy honky tonk style - No thank you !!

The only thing that I liked about this song was that Don dedicated it to Donald Trump on the Late Show
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border

When I Stop Dreaming

This isn't going to be popular but I hated When I Stop Dreaming. To my ears it is like one of my cats got their tail caught in a door then ran their claws down a chalkboard while landing in a pile of balloons. I hate it THAT MUCH!

Border Troubadour

Well, I have to vote for 'Praying for Rain' - I applaud the sentiment but it just goes on too long and I skip it on the CD.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

I'll vote for "When I Stop Dreaming." Dolly has a unique voice, and she's done some great duets in the past, but I don't feel she blends well with Don on this song.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Border Rebel

I vote for "She Sang Hymns Out Of Tune" which I've never been able to handle from the beginning. Why he chose to do this one is beyond my comprehension.

Out on the Border

I vote for TOO MUCH PRIDE

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I vote for Too Much Pride.

I liked it at first, but the more I listened to it, I just hate that vibrato he does. Sorry Don, don't do it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Too Far Gone for me.