Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Joe being goofy

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Default Re: Joe being goofy

You wouldn't think he would bother with actually going through the ritual of getting married again would you . I wouldn't bother a second time never mind a fourth

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

I guess it's hard and kind of scarey finding yourself alone at a certian age. If you can find someone who makes you happy and you can see yourself growing old with, why wait? I hope Marjorie is the one for Joe. I just cant see her being ready to settle down. Joe and our boys are all facing their 6th decade and I know they dont have any plans to slow down, but touring and working as hard as they do has to be hard. I dont think I could do it and Im 45!
    Marjoie is an Executive Producer and was married in 2002 to royalty in Portugal. I dont know what happened to that marriage but I have seen the wedding photos. She is beautiful and Im sure a charming person. Im just a fan and I care about Joe. All I can say is I wish them both the very best.

I wish Joe happiness, too - but I doubt this is correct. I remember one news outlet showed a photo of Joe with Ms. Bach at an awards show and captioned it "Joe Walsh with wife Denise." Um, not so much. So basically, unless we get corroboration, I'm assuming it's false.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Thats great Soda, Thanks!
    Joe looks like he's worried about Scotty *G*

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Thanks for that. I also love Elliott Easton from The Cars and Matt Sorum of The Cult, Guns N Roses & Velvet Revolver fame.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Who is Scotty?

TBS Fanatic - just noticed your question was never answered - the reason being that I don't know the answer! lol

Anyway, I found this story about Joe online. It's from 1990ish when he was touring with Ringo's All-Starr Band. He's being goofy, alright, although I didn't like his joke in the end too much! Why was always making fun of Stevie at that time??? This time period was, according to her, the lowpoint of her life - but she's never had a bad word to say about him, EVER.

Anyway, here's the story, written by Ian McNabb:

JOE WALSH OF THE EAGLES:

IAN has at this point befriended Zak Starkey, Ringo’s son, and has been asked by his new pal to entertain Joe Walsh of The Eagles while he was in Liverpool. Short of anything to do, the pair head back to Ian’s house in Fairfield.

Joe Walsh can’t raise anyone on a payphone to find out which hotel he may or may not be booked into.

Sunday, right? I end up driving him to half a dozen hotels before he decides which one he’ll be happy in. He settles for the Crest, which is conveniently located around the corner from tomorrow’s gig. We head back to mine to chill out. I give him a warm glass of Liebfraumilch.

I put the telly on. Stuart Hall is hosting Quiz Night as predicted. Gawd. I’ve got all my guitars out and Joe is showing me how to play Eagles songs. He shows me how to play The Bomber by the James Gang.

He insists I leave Quiz Night on and keeps shouting - clearly wrong - answers out. I’ve got an electric fake fire in the living room. There is an orange bulb in it which, when hot, causes a piece of metal to rotate above it and give the appearance of flickering embers.

When I come back from the toilet, Joe is on his hands and knees in the middle of the room studying it. He does this for about two minutes.
    “Oh! Hey! I got it now!”

I get Joe a cab back to his hotel and promise to meet up with him the next day.

Next day I turn up at the Empire just after soundcheck. It’s great to see Zak again. Joe introduces me to Todd Rundgren, Nils Lofgren and Dave Edmunds.

I’m in my element. I worship these guys. They want to go to a bar, a good way away from the gig.

I take them to the Philharmonic pub on Hope Street, a beautiful old boozer with huge chandeliers hanging in every room. Joe looks up and surveys the two above him as he’s waiting for his drink.

“Hey! Look at that! Stevie Nicks’ earrings!”

from the Liverpool Echo