Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh at the Grammys?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Joe Walsh at the Grammys?

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Beatles fans - has it been a while since Paul and Ringo played together? Because apparently he is the "special guest." Joe's still in the audience.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...mance-20140126

I had to look up Rolling Stone to find out what song they did together & to confirm tht they have hardly ever played together since the split. I understand that people seem disappointed that Joe did not perform but this was about the two remaining Beatles, surely.

It's not like they did a Beatles song. It was a new Paul McCartney song and Ringo wasn't even doing that much of the drumming; there was another drummer and drum kit tucked away next to him (you could see the other drummer when the camera pulled back). If I were a big Beatles fan, I'd be sorely disappointed at that "reunion."

I'm sure the one Feb. 9 will be a lot better.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I really wasn't disappointed. I knew he probably there to support Ringo and Paul.

Heck it was cool to see Joe in the audience, dancing and having a ball. He got a few camera time on camera.

Oh my gosh, they just played ads and credits over Lindsey's performance with Dave Grohl, Queens of the Stone Age, and Nine Inch Nails - then cut off the end of the performance entirely because they were "running overtime"!

I am so pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

David Wild posted a couple photos of Joe backstage at Grammy rehearsals that indicate he might be performing as part of the Beatles tribute. That and Lindsey Buckingham's appearance definitely mean I'll be tuning in!

Hey,, bro thanks for the update

Paul and Ringo played together at Ringo's 70th b-day party in 2010. I can't believe the two of them played together and it wasn't even a Beatles song. I just hope someone captured Joe's little dance in the audience. From what you guys say that's about the only thing I need to see.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, funny that they showed Joe in a rehearsal but yet he didn't perform. It was great seeing him with Paul and Ringo and the wives in the audience though!

I skipped around watching the show. I just can't take some of today's 'music'! It's awful!

Those robots..........what was that?

I did like Pink's song, but if she wants to be in the circus she should do that and sing at another time.

And Katy Perry's get up (show?) was just plain weird!

I just don't get all the mess going on behind the artists that are trying to sing! I guess they have to have a show besides them singing because they aren't all that good at singing! lol Now I know some of them really can sing, but I don't need the theatrics along with it! jmo
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

OK, I've just seen Joe swaying in the audience. No big deal really. His smile was good at the end. Kinda boring repetitive song.

With robots! I hated that robot sound in the early 80's and nothing much has changed....

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Those pictures of the rehearsal was probably for the Beatles special on February 9th. It was kinda strange that the same people that were in the picture with Joe sang with Ringo.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Seriously?! A mass wedding ceremony at a music awards show?! This is too lame for words!!!

Sorry, Negative Nancy strikes again, lol.
    I don't disagree with you .YOu are not negative Nancy
    The wedding thing was so uncalled for. I think it was wrong of the Grammys to make a political statement to that degree in the middle of an awards show.

The robot thing was getting old old old ..

I did not see but heard about running credits over Lindsay and Dave at the end and that was uncalled for as well...Its your big finale and you cant even let those iconic musicians play.

It was a waste of my time to watch it...I did love seeing carol king and Joe in the audience and McCartney and Stars performances.

It just stunk to high heaven and don't get me started about the Beyoncé and Jay Z performance
    Just my opinion and just saying so don't give me the machine gun icon