Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JOE on Live at Daryl's House

Default Re: JOE on Live at Daryl's House

I don't think the song should change that much, just like you said Soda, "Embellish" the song & make it longer & more interesting. I don't necessarily like them to change the lyrics, but to add some guitar solos, or riffs, just make it a little different than on the album...I guess that's why I love the version of HC on HFO because it's a little different....I know Austin hates that one, but I LOVE IT & I haven't heard that disaster Don did, so I can't comment on it!

It's a concert, not a recording session.....

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    It's a concert, not a recording session.....
    True, but I also go to a concert so I can hear those classic solos be played and have them sound like they are known and to see the ending solos. I can't imagine not having that. I really irks me when bands change up classic songs. I want to hear them play those classic songs live the way I've come to know them. I don't want them to go off on some wild tangent or do like they did on Already Gone for F1. That's just not right.

Like I said, an example of embellishment I'm ok with is Take It Easy on HFO. Joe played that classic solo, and then at the end of the song had a nice guitar jam. That's good. But if he had tried to do something different with that classic solo, then yeah, I'd have a problem with it.

I guess I've just come to expect that with the Eagles. It doesn't bother me quite as much with other bands but it still bothers me when they redo a solo that is so well known. When you have something that well known or a true masterpiece guitar part, why in the world would you change it. I guess I just like hearing those special parts done exact, and then add to it. But to replace it with something else entirely is wrong IMO especially if it is known as being a famous guitar part for the band, or for all time.

For me it boils down to "you don't mess with perfection". Hotel Cali being a perfect example of said perfection.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Austin, I'll agree that certain iconic guitar solos shouldn't be messed, with but it would be OK to add some stuff at certain parts or at the end or extend some guitar parts...I'm not an expert on guitar, but I do like to hear a little embellishment. It just makes it a little unpredictable, something that you won't hear exactly the same EVERY SINGLE TIME....because I think the Eagles have become that, just SAME EXACT THING, different night.... It is like they are on Auto Pilot.... For fans that see them a lot, it's just TOO predictable. I mean the tickets are over $200, & paying that to see the same exact thing is a little upsetting...
    The minute I hear the first note of Desperado, I know the show is OVER....
    I do hate that! They need to mix it up a little bit.

I'm hoping the Anniversary Tour will have at least SOME SURPRISES!!!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Cool Re: JOE on Live at Daryl's House

... It just makes it a little unpredictable, something that you won't hear exactly the same EVERY SINGLE TIME....because I think the Eagles have become that, just SAME EXACT THING, different night.... It is like they are on Auto Pilot.... For fans that see them a lot, it's just TOO predictable. I mean the tickets are over $200, & paying that to see the same exact thing is a little upsetting...
    The minute I hear the first note of Desperado, I know the show is OVER....
    I do hate that! They need to mix it up a little bit.

I'm hoping the Anniversary Tour will have at least SOME SURPRISES!!!
    As we've discussed before, the Eagles shows are very predictable for fans that go to see them a lot. However, each show has its own little nuances and differences that make it special, which is what I think myself and other hardcores really enjoy. But, the thing is, for the huge majority of the audience, seeing an Eagles show is a rare, special occurance, so I don't believe that the predictability factor is a real issue for them.

The band has said they will make changes for the next tour, but it's a sticky situation with them. As we've been talking about in another thread, there are some songs that they just can't drop. They are kind of damned if they do and damned if they don't in some ways. I'm sure they've figured out that you can't please all the people all the time no matter what.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    I have always been a dary l fan but Joe just puts him to shame talent wise.
    I ean watch the strummer daryl vs the talented Joe.
    He rocked and what a guy.
    it s on line for those who dont get the channel on cable,
    live from daryls house .com
    Glad that you mentioned that it is online, TT, because I missed it! I have only had time to watch part of it online so far, but what I have seen I love!

Dreamer, I have to disagree with you here. I am a big fan, but I haven't seen them THAT often, but to me the songs are sounding exactly the same & too predictable. Seems like they have been doing the same show for a few years now. For example, if you saw them say 3 years ago & then now, it's the same. Yes, there are little nuances that make it very slightly different, but not enough to make me see it again....They need to makes some changes & they said the new tour will be different, so I hope that is the case & I will go see the new tour, but to pay to go see the same show again in Vegas isn't worth it to me.

This started out as talking about Joe on Daryl's house, so I'm getting back to that. My point was that Joe sounded more free in this environment than he is with the Eagles, & even in his own solo shows & had a chance to jam a little & do something a little different...work with different people & I enjoyed that, so I was just making a comparison to how Joe plays with the Eagles as opposed to this environment. It's all good.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

gl
    g;ad to be of help.

I am a daryl fan but I still think JOe was way on top of the game in this show.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Well, to be fair they did mostly Joe's songs & Daryl is more of a vocalist than a guitar player. Daryl has an amazing voice & is a great songwriter as well. They have different talents. If you watch the series, you can see that Daryl has loads of talent. I think Daryl & Joe would write something incredible if they do work together, which it sounds like Joe wants to do.

The show is always geared to feature the guest artist....Seems like Joe & Daryl got along well because prior to this they hardly knew each other.
    They also look pretty darn cute together! LOL
    Ye4ah...I believe Daryls main insturment was the keyboard..
    thats why he is a "strummer" vs the way that JOe plays.
    Sometimes when its your show...u have to let your guests run with whatt heir talent is I think Joe put it ove the top

I watched this again yesterday morning when it was replayed. I thought Joe made an interesting comment, that when the song "Sara Smile" hit the airwaves & soared past the Eagles on the charts....Hall & Oates came to one of the Eagles shows & they dedicated, "New Kid in Town" to them....
    Just thought that was an interesting bit of info

I watched this again yesterday morning when it was replayed. I thought Joe made an interesting comment, that when the song "Sara Smile" hit the airwaves & soared past the Eagles on the charts....Hall & Oates came to one of the Eagles shows & they dedicated, "New Kid in Town" to them....
    Just thought that was an interesting bit of info
    Sara Smile is my favorite Hall and Oates song!...love it!!!