Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you could ask Tim to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default If you could ask Tim to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be?

After Soda started a similar thread about the Eagles, I thought it would be fun to have a topic for all of the guys. The only difference is that you can include Timothy's solo material or covers. I've to think about this before I can answer.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Default Re: If you could ask Tim to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be

The Shadow from his Feed the Fire CD

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: If you could ask Tim to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be

I had a feeling this was coming after seeing the thread yesterday for the band and I knew I would have a really hard time when it came to Timothy --no way can I pick only one song! I absolutely love Something Sad, it is just such a beautiful song. I would also love Top Of The Stairs but think that would be hard to pull off live, Keep On Tryin', and Every Song Is You. For remakes that he's done I would just love to hear him do I Only Have Eyes For You, but that would be for my private show only !

And the list goes on...Boys Night Out and Sh Boom would be fun...and so on and so on...
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Mmmm this is hard. I would have to go with 'No Caroline' - the Beach Boys number and 'Something Sad' as maybe my top two. Another number I always thought Tim would be great singing is 'Nowhere Man' by the Beatles - I love that one and I think Tim would do it justice.

Okay, as I've done with all the guys, I'm going to pick just one song for now, and I'll come back with some others later. But, if I could only choose one song, it is The Shadow. I love Timothy's voice in that song.

And tbsf - what you said about Tim doing Nowhere Man is very interesting. I had never thought about it, but I agree with you. I'll bet there are some other Beatles tunes that Tim could do as well.

The Shadow came to mind for me as well. I love it when he sings "I'm just trying to be true... and I can't stop thinking of you."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

It's been such a busy weekend that this morning I finally am getting the chance to catch up. I was curious on what everyone picked for this---Uhh- how 'bout nothing! Wow-poor Tim once again--5 replies as opposed to Glenn, Don and Joe who have 19 or more each! He just doesn't get the lovin' he deserves sometimes! I am begging you all to give his solo stuff a listen please! It's beautiful!

Aww - TBF - it's not that we don't love Tim, but, it is true, that his solo work just isn't as high profile as Glenn's, Don's, or Joe's. In addition, Tim doesn’t perform solo, so that gives his music even less exposure. I am planning on adding more to this thread, but I haven’t gotten around to it. But, for now I want to add to the idea of Tim covering Beatles songs that tbsf mentioned. This suggestion also came up in Don’s thread and I hadn’t given a lot of thought to it until just now. I said that, IMHO, Don’s voice was generally more suited to sing Lennon’s songs, and Glenn’s voice was more suited to sing McCartney songs. Now, if we carry this theory further, then Tim is the obvious choice to cover Harrison songs, and Joe would be suited to cover Ringo’s material (how appropriate is that). So here are the Harrison vocals that I think Tim could do justice to:

1. Love Me Do
    2. Do You Want To Know a Secret?
    3. I’m Happy Just To Dance With You
    4. This Boy
    5. Roll Over Beethoven
    6. Taxman
    7. Something
    8. Here Comes the Sun
    9. If I Needed Someone
    10. My Sweet Lord

In truth, I actually think Tim could do a great job with some of the others songs as well, especially McCartney's. In addition to Nowhere Man (a Lennon vocal) that tbsf already mentioned, Eleanor Rigby or Penny Lane were the first to pop into my mind.
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 12-29-2008 at 03:07 PM.

Thank you Dreamer for giving Tim some lovin'!!! I know he doesn't get the exposure the others do. I just get a little defensive over him sometimes -I do apologize for that!

I'm not a Beatles fan (I once again apologize!) but I see where you guys are going with this. Like I said in another thread awhile back-Timothy B. Schmit could sing the alphabet and I would be awestruck by it!

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I just wish Timothy's CD weren't so expensive, I would love to get another one of his.