Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eagles Year in Review: 2015

Default Re: Eagles Year in Review: 2015

Great recap Soda. I too agree all news good or bad so go into timeline.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Regarding the Kennedy Center Honors, I could be wrong about this, but I still don't feel this has been captured accurately. I'm not trying to be nit-picky, but I don't think the band were honored in absentia - the way I understood it is that the honor has been postponed until this year. It is confusing though because I'm not sure if they will officially be listed as 2015 or 2016 recipients. To me the events would be more accurate if stated as follows:

July 15 - Eagles are announced as 2015 Kennedy Center Honorees.

November 5 - Eagles announce that they will postpone their acceptance of the Kennedy Center honor until 2016 because Glenn Frey must undergo surgery for a recurring health issue.

December 6 - Eagles receive a mini-celebration at the Kennedy Center Honors celebration when host Stephen Colbert announces that they had to postpone their honor and Miranda Lambert performs Desperado.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Regarding the Kennedy Center Honors, I could be wrong about this, but I still don't feel this has been captured accurately. I'm not trying to be nit-picky, but I don't think the band were honored in absentia - the way I understood it is that the honor has been postponed until this year. It is confusing though because I'm not sure if they will officially be listed as 2015 or 2016 recipients. To me the events would be more accurate if stated as follows:

July 15 - Eagles are announced as 2015 Kennedy Center Honorees.

November 5 - Eagles announce that they will postpone their acceptance of the Kennedy Center honor until 2016 because Glenn Frey must undergo surgery for a recurring health issue.

December 6 - Eagles receive a mini-celebration at the Kennedy Center Honors celebration when host Stephen Colbert announces that they had to postpone their honor and Miranda Lambert performs Desperado.
    Excellent, FP!

Great job on the timeline, Soda, love it!
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."