Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: EAGLES AT NATIONWIDE ARENA, COLUMBUS, OHIO 3/5/14

Default Re: EAGLES AT NATIONWIDE ARENA, COLUMBUS, OHIO 3/5/14

Quote Originally Posted by Zanny View Post
    Hi all
    I have been traveling for days now and had to reset my password I was kingston
    Who posted here since the fall and ended up just changing my user name as well
    I was at this show 4th row floor on Timothy's side all I can say panties and declarations of love really made this a memorable experience!
    So here we go --the guys looked and sounded great Glenn was still struggling with cold issues. They had boxes of tissues, bottles of water, lemons and what looked like throat spray all over the stage.
    Despite that they sounded fabulous from the first moment hubby and i saw Don step out on the stage he had this look and and you could tell he was ready to go.
    So the show starts and don introduces Bernie and comments he is wearing the same shirt he had on 38 years ago.
    So then don continues and says if you find a good shirt you stick with it. Bernie says yeah don I learned that from you!!
    Next up Glenn he says hello etc they sing train leaves here and the song ends Glenn is sitting there. With no guitar. He quips , we'll victor gave me cold medicine and forgot my guitar!,
    So victor comes back with the guitar and Glenn was like hey thanks victor!
    I saw this show last July show number six on this tour and it was like seeing a totally different show altogether. D
    The witchy woman re arrangement was awesome.
    The show was being filmed, three guys lying on the stage, crouching and some other equipment was scattered around d is I do think a DVD is in the works.
    Security. They were very nice. They told us no texting but we could photo with no flash as long as it was not constant or obvious and no filming with the smartphones.
    So back to Don, he looked super hot. He had this in charge look going on and boy it worked, his hair is taking on a much better style and he had stubble which was a much better look
    I am skipping a few things here but, a woman in the first row yelled I love you don and that was when.He said honey. You don't even know me.
    So then. He sang the long run and did the great intro about how it's a miracle they are all together at this point when a pair of magenta panties, hit right by the very front of the stage. Wow. Don also killed it on lift land joe and Glenn did this unbelievable guitar dueling during funk 49 and then joe took off during in the city . Timothy was like this cute little guy who just got the crowd going
    And kept touching Scott Crago I think to tease him I thought it was cute.
    So Timothy got to introduce Glenn and described him as a man of a thousand jokes !!
    Glenn introduced don as his long time friend - I thought that was awesome.
    I have to say it was just a great show I have more stuff on the whole experience but I am totally challenged with typing on an iPad so I apologize for the condition of the post I just couldn't wait to share

More observations to come
    Thanks for posting what the woman said to Don. We did not see any of the panty/bra action from section 114!

Enjoyed reading all of the reviews. It is so interesting what one person will remember vs another, and the experience is different depending on where you are sitting, and especially who is sitting around you

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    One thing I don't really understand is why are they so upset about people texting? It doesn't make noise. They aren't usually standing while doing it. Yes, they miss the show, but that's their problem!
    It is VERY distracting, at least I think so. The lady next to me at Cincy was 'Facebooking' and she was across a narrow aisle and I found it distracting. Besides the light of her phone, the thing flickered and threw odd shadows. There were times I could hear her nails on the screen and a lot of sighes and even a giggle or two. It wasn't too bad, but there were times it would catch a person's eye and so I'd find myself glancing over at the phone instead of watching the stage.

TimFan222, 12 shows, wow! I thought I was overdoing it with 10! I was in the front row for quite a few shows, and in VIP seats for nearly all the shows. We've probably seen each other at a show or two!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    It is VERY distracting, at least I think so. The lady next to me at Cincy was 'Facebooking' and she was across a narrow aisle and I found it distracting. Besides the light of her phone, the thing flickered and threw odd shadows. There were times I could hear her nails on the screen and a lot of sighes and even a giggle or two. It wasn't too bad, but there were times it would catch a person's eye and so I'd find myself glancing over at the phone instead of watching the stage.
    I understand that. But when the house lights are up and the band isn't anywhere near the stage, I have a problem with it. In STL, the show was several minutes away, all lights on and people weren't even seated and people were chewed out. Seriously! I can understand the lights thing during the show but before the band comes on, or during intermission is a different thing altogether.

Thanks all for the reviews! Sounds like a great show and that you all had a fun time.

Totally get the frustration with the yappers. I saw Sting and Paul Simon at MSG last night and the people around us yapped through the whole show. It was especially grating during The Boxer and They Dance Alone. Ugh. I don't get spending all that money to do that.

Glad it didn't ruin the show for you though!

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I understand that. But when the house lights are up and the band isn't anywhere near the stage, I have a problem with it. In STL, the show was several minutes away, all lights on and people weren't even seated and people were chewed out. Seriously! I can understand the lights thing during the show but before the band comes on, or during intermission is a different thing altogether.
    I totally agree...
    VK

Quote Originally Posted by Zanny View Post
    So the show starts and don introduces Bernie and comments he is wearing the same shirt he had on 38 years ago.
    So then don continues and says if you find a good shirt you stick with it. Bernie says yeah don I learned that from you!!
    I love this! Obviously, Don has found a 'good' shirt!
    VK

Hmmm...I wonder if Don has been lurking on The Border and reading our comments about his wardrobe?
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I totally agree...
    If it were more reasonable, I'd do my Facebook/email/text/picture stuff during intermission or before the show, and then focus on the show during the show. But they don't want you doing that even!

Welcome, bsktgrvy! Thanks for the review!

The fact that underwear is getting thrown on stage is hilarious. I've seen it at Fleetwood Mac shows but never at Eagles shows. Too funny!

I've never understood why ladies do that, though. They're just gonna throw it away, and you've wasted a perfectly good pair of undies! It's not like it'll get you a date with them or something - these are married men (except for Bernie I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88
    Maybe they figure if they make you put the phone away early, they won't have as many people to yell at after the show starts! It's a preemptive strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    One thing I don't really understand is why are they so upset about people texting? It doesn't make noise. They aren't usually standing while doing it. Yes, they miss the show, but that's their problem!
    I agree, but I think one reason the Eagles forbid texting during the show is that it allows them to tell the Black Shirts to crack down on any phone they see, making it more difficult for people to surreptitiously video with their phone under the pretense that they're just going to use it to text or check their email. Now the Black Shirts don't have to wait and see how long you're holding the phone up in the air in order to determine whether you're filming with it. They can just run over and threaten to throw you out if you don't PUT DOWN THAT PHONE RIGHT NOW BEEYOTCH!!!!!!

Plus, the fact that people visibly aren't paying attention just pisses 'em off.

As I've said before, I think it's out of control. I think our guys worry too much about trying to completely eradicate every instance of audience behavior that annoys them. They shouldn't sweat the small stuff so much. They get so worked up about things that aren't really big deals... life is too short for that, IMHO! But hey, my opinion on this issue isn't exactly sought after by the Eagles, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TinFan222
    This was my 12th show this tour. I was in Louisville for the first and Columbus for the last ( for now). All first row.
    HOLY CRAP! That's freaking amazing! You are my hero!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

So, I was in a small group of folks waiting for the doors to open for the VIP package, when I noticed a fellow wearing a shirt that read "I might be old, but I got to see all the good bands!". I remembered Don H. commenting on a shirt like that at the Oct. show in Nashville. He read the shirt for the crowd on stage and laughed. I asked the gentleman if he was at that show. Turns out that it was him. We had a laugh about that and I then met his lovely wife, who happens to be TimFan222 on this site. My wife was stuck at a conference in Myrtle Beach, so I was flying solo. I ended up hanging out with these two during the party and having a great time. Thanks B. and D., you are great folks!

I was really impressed with this venue. It's pleasing to the eye with a brick exterior, and access was smooth from all the nearby restaurants and hotels. If you ever end up in Columbus, check out the historic Flatiron bar & grill. It's walking distance from the arena and a neat experience.

The gods were very kind to me for the last few days. My wife and I were on row 11 in Raleigh, I was on row 5 in Cin., and I was front row for this show. I think working my way closer kept me from being completely blown away on the front row. I tried to live in the moment and fully enjoy the show, but it was still over way too soon! I was on Joe's side, 3 seats over from the center aisle. I was sitting right in front of Steuart, which for Hotel California alone was a lifetime experience. That 7 minute song seemed to be over in about 30 seconds!

It was fun being close enough to see interaction between the band members. Tim and Don seemed to be amused by, and discussed, a young lady in the 2nd or 3rd row, who repeatedly shouted her love for Joe, and waved her arms. It had to be distracting for him, almost to the point of being heckled. Glenn was not amused. He had already stated "I'm talking up here" when he was interrupted earlier. All he did was look at her and shake his head. As stated by others above, I did witness one pair of red panties land close to Joe.

I have learned with this tour that there is no such thing as a perfect seat, different seats are best to see different things. While on the 1st and 5th row of Joe's side, I couldn't see Don's face when he was on the drums, due to a cymbal. At this show I had one of the two best seats in the house for the Hotel California guitar duet, but could only see Don sing on the screen. Everything is a compromise. The cameraman also partly blocks your view for the first few songs, which happens to be my favorite part of the show. He did make nice by giving us folks behind him a pack of 5 guitar picks, one from every member + Bernie. Those are going in a shadow box with other souvenirs from this tour. I didn't miss much. I mainly had to lean forward or back depending on who was singing lead.

Now, after having had shows on the horizon since June, and now none, I've got to get some spring back in my step. The VIP host did stress that Columbus was not the end of the tour, but the end of one leg. Does this animal only have two legs, with the second being in Europe? Or, will there be later US dates. One fan expressed doubts about the tour ending in Europe. Hope springs!