Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC - 2/28/14

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC - 2/28/14

I'll start with the obvious...AWESOME!!!!!!! Great concert!

For myself, it wasn't the best concert because I just wasn't feeling well enough to really get into it. For someone who's never experienced asthma, it's hard to explain how difficult the simplest things can be when you aren't getting enough oxygen. After HT when we were free to stand when we wanted, dancing around just a little wore me out and made me cough! I was so pathetic that several ushers kept asking me if I was OK. At the end, the trip up the stairs to the main level nearly killed me.

They were still battling colds that made an appearance in their voices when it seemed they least expected it. To be honest, when talking about PEF is when it seemed to me Glenn struggled the most, his speaking voice just wasn't there, it was much better as the show went on. Over all, they were all spot-on as usual.

At the beginning, when Don was explaining the first set, he said something like 'this is intended to be just like it was back in 1971', or something like that. A lady in the center section about five rows back yelled, "You have any quaaludes?" Everyone that heard her broke out laughing, even security. The look on Don's face was comical. It took him a few moments to speak and he had to smile and say 'no', or something like that.

I will admit, the first four songs were hard to get into since the camera guy was planted right in front of me. He did come over to me before the concert started and said that he would be in my way and asked me not to kick him. I can see why because I was tempted during PEF to do just that.

I will say that the Fabulous Forum is WAY better in sound than PNC Arena. I didn't really appreciate it while there, now I do.

Glenn did a great job on TS. DD / Desperado Reprise was fantastic. I was too awed to even sing along.

For Already Gone, the security in my section were trying to get everyone up and dancing and no one did. The one next to me, I was on the aisle, told me that if I stood up, everyone else would. I had to explain to him that I wasn't feeling well. He asked others to stand and no one would! Go figure.

OOTN was perfect. Love that song.

Joe did great on PMAIAR, and Timmy did a great job on ICTYW. Glenn did great on NKIT and once again I was a very happy fan.

Those Shoes seemed like a big hit with the crowd. During the band intros, when Glenn was introduced, he said the usual about mother being half a word, and Ted Nugent, then added that Detroit also gave us Bob Seger so he guessed that evened things out, to which I wholeheartedly clapped.

Joe had the camera on his hat for LBG and that seemed to go over well.

All in all, the concert was entirely too short... It went by far too quickly. Sitting in front of Joe and watching him on guitar is just amazing.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Default PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC 2/28/14

The first pictures from the night are in. Don't find a review yet.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/02/...n-raleigh.html
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Default Re: PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC - 2/28/14

That was fast! Thanks Verna! I'm so sorry you were still feeling so sick, but I'm glad the show was still enjoyable.

I hope the security's new attitude toward standing is not just for Raleigh! Quite a change from Lissa and I bring threatened by security for standing during "Already Gone"! I would love it if this continues.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Va thank you so much for posting the review especially when I know you must be exhausted! Now get in bed & have some Eagles dreams. You get to do this all over again Monday!!!
    Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Va thank you so much for posting the review especially when I know you must be exhausted! Now get in bed & have some Eagles dreams. You get to do this all over again Monday!!!
    Take care!
    HaHa! I took a decongestant at 4pm that's non-drowsy and lasts for 12 hours! I'm not even close to sleepy! I want a drink, but I can't do that, either. As for Monday....yeesh. I could be eating a $650 ticket...
    VK

Thanks for the link, VOL. How adorable is this photo?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

OMG what a beautiful photo of Glenn!! I it!!!
    He looks so cute & adorable! Today I needed this pic!
    I love the way he is standing. Sexy!!

It was a cute moment. Those three 'pointing' pics go together, Joe and Bernie were pointing at each other and Glenn was in the middle.

I forgot to mention, there was no announcement from stage, but they did let people take a few photos during the last encore. Security told people only a few. The lady beside me took quite a few and a security guy came over and told her no more. I didn't take any.
    VK

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    HaHa! I took a decongestant at 4pm that's non-drowsy and lasts for 12 hours! I'm not even close to sleepy! I want a drink, but I can't do that, either. As for Monday....yeesh. I could be eating a $650 ticket...
    We're all keeping positive thoughts for Monday's show. Hopefully you can get some rest this weekend too.

I just found out my friend in Raleigh went to the show tonight...Her son surprised her and her husband with tickets at the last minute!!...
    Thanks for the review VA...glad it was awesome...my friend said she feels like she dreamt it!

I'm loving this pic...