Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Arena, 2/23/14

Default Re: New Orleans Arena, 2/23/14

Wow!! Kudos Soda for your true dedication to the band and your great review and play by play.

Maybe the crowd has heard so much of the sit down and be quiet rules that the rules might be having the wrong effect on the show? Hopefully it was just that crowd.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Thanks, Soda, what a great review. Glad you made it home safely.

[QUOTE=sodascouts;267999]

"Those Shoes" was one of the hottest vocals of the night.

Totally agree with this - I said the same in my review of the show I saw. It was awesome.

Glenntact!!

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Thanks for the great review Soda! Sounds like a FANTASTIC night!! Especially the Glenntact part! Sure wish I could have joined you!
    And I am glad you made it home safely! Hope you can recuperate some of your sleep loss this week. I am sure it was all worth it!!!

Thanks for the great reviews - glad everyone had such a wonderful time!

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Oh and my bad! It was The Greatest Hits of the Eagles that they were selling for charity, not Live like I said in my Houston review. What was I thinking? Sorry!

This is one of my first posts so I hope I do ok. I was at the show Sunday in Vegas and Glenn had a runny nose already. As for the standing situation the crowd was dead there. Nobody was standing up and it was killing me to sit down all night! On the first encore for Hotel California my husband and I stood up and really enjoyed. There was a couple behind us. The husband asked him to sit down and the wife told him he was rude!!!! Couldn't believe it. Even during Heartache Tonight when Timothy tries to get folks to stand up no one did. He tried several other times too. I was in the first row and it seems to me this has an adverse affect on the energy of the band. I talked to a girl in the elevator after show. She said she was afraid to stand up. Anyone else have opinions? Also can anyone help me with rules for avatars and how to do this.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Soda, that was a fabulous review! I felt like I was there with you! Sounds like the crowd wasn't much fun, but glad you enjoyed yourself! Sounds like Don was feeling pretty good even if he did have bronchitis since he joked a lot. And very cool Glenntact!

nobaby, thanks for giving your thoughts too! I'm glad you had a good time and welcome to the Border!

Hopefully the guys are on the mend by now. They put on a great show for you even feeling icky!

ETA: Soda get your rest girl! That was quite a long night for you!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by TimFan222 View Post
    This is one of my first posts so I hope I do ok. I was at the show Sunday in Vegas and Glenn had a runny nose already. As for the standing situation the crowd was dead there. Nobody was standing up and it was killing me to sit down all night! On the first encore for Hotel California my husband and I stood up and really enjoyed. There was a couple behind us. The husband asked him to sit down and the wife told him he was rude!!!! Couldn't believe it. Even during Heartache Tonight when Timothy tries to get folks to stand up no one did. He tried several other times too. I was in the first row and it seems to me this has an adverse affect on the energy of the band. I talked to a girl in the elevator after show. She said she was afraid to stand up. Anyone else have opinions? Also can anyone help me with rules for avatars and how to do this.
    Poor Glenn. Today I woke up with a runny nose and sore throat, too, and I've started sneezing. Can germs make it that far?

Too bad about the lame crowd. I do think the stringent rules have a dampening effect. One of the Black Shirt enforcers at the LA Forum actually threatened a friend of mine (our own PLS) with expulsion for continuing to stand during "Already Gone" after he'd told her to sit down. "Already Gone"! After that, we didn't stand up for a long time. Mission accomplished I guess, but at what cost?

As for avatars, check out this link: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...atures_avatars

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Poor Glenn. Today I woke up with a runny nose and sore throat, too, and I've started sneezing. Can germs make it that far?

Too bad about the lame crowd. I do think the stringent rules have a dampening effect. One of the Black Shirt enforcers at the LA Forum actually threatened a friend of mine (our own PLS) with expulsion for continuing to stand during "Already Gone" after he'd told her to sit down. "Already Gone"! After that, we didn't stand up for a long time. Mission accomplished I guess, but at what cost?

As for avatars, check out this link: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...atures_avatars
    Already Gone? No dancing? That's one of their rockinest songs!

Hope you don't get that cold, Soda.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for the review Soda. Re your Glenntact I know what it's like to have him mouth something to you & you're not sure what (although you say you do know). I am sorry Glenn & Don aren't well.