Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Toyota Ctr, Houston TX - 02/21/04

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Toyota Ctr, Houston TX - 02/21/04

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    A tweet from someone who was at the concert:

From what I keep reading, quite a few Eagles fans feel the same way.
    Actually, I search on tweets during and after every concert except the last two and I've seen very few of these tweets. After the release of the documentary, that surprised me. I know my family, friends, and all those I work with in KY and VA have no clue who Felder is, except for one employee, and most of them have at least one Eagles album. The band was always avoiding the media, so casual fans didn't know much about them. After the release of the DVD, that's changed, and so many who didn't even know who Felder is felt for him, so that's why I'm surprised I've not seen more of these tweets.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I doubt it was "Schmidt" as this author claims! Am I right, Houston concert goers?
    You're right, it wasn't Tim, it was Glenn ~ pretty big mistake!
    ~Sara

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Actually, I search on tweets during and after every concert except the last two and I've seen very few of these tweets. After the release of the documentary, that surprised me. I know my family, friends, and all those I work with in KY and VA have no clue who Felder is, except for one employee, and most of them have at least one Eagles album. The band was always avoiding the media, so casual fans didn't know much about them. After the release of the DVD, that's changed, and so many who didn't even know who Felder is felt for him, so that's why I'm surprised I've not seen more of these tweets.
    I didn't hear anybody complain, but I did hear one person behind me talking about Felder's playing, but he actually though Smith was Felder. I didn't correct him because he'd know soon enough when the band was introduced later in the show. I was laughing to myself tho.
    ~Sara

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Debutante View Post
    You're right, it wasn't Tim, it was Glenn ~ pretty big mistake!
    With the build-up (in the review) about it being "Schmidt's" chance to shine, it did seem funny. I wondered if Glenn's cold had lead to such a drastic change. More likely, the writer's notes got mied up. Doesn't Tim open the second set? (Sorry, I'm being lazy and going from memory even though I know I could check the setlist)

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    A tweet from someone who was at the concert:

From what I keep reading, quite a few Eagles fans feel the same way.
    Funny, they keep selling out venues though! Evidently most feel they are still pretty good! Just saying!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    With the build-up (in the review) about it being "Schmidt's" chance to shine, it did seem funny. I wondered if Glenn's cold had lead to such a drastic change. More likely, the writer's notes got mied up. Doesn't Tim open the second set? (Sorry, I'm being lazy and going from memory even though I know I could check the setlist)
    He sings the second song in this set. The first song is Pretty Maids All In A Row.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Funny, they keep selling out venues though! Evidently most feel they are still pretty good! Just saying!
    For real, Don Felder being gone didn't hurt ticket sales one bit, so many shows sold out, even after all this time, it's unbelievable.
    ~Sara

Just to be clear… I wasn't just talking about Twitter. I was talking about the Internet in general. Twitter is not the only website on the Internet. People also post comments on various other sites (Facebook, message boards, YouTube, etc.). I’ve read plenty of comments over the years from people who love the Eagles and go to their concerts but also miss Don Felder in the band. A lot of people know who he is and like him. And a lot of Eagles fans loved the interplay between Don Felder and Joe Walsh.

You're absolutely right that there are people who miss Don Felder and his terrific guitar playing. I am sure there are people who don't go to shows because he's not there. Luckily for the band, there aren't enough of those people to impact their ticket sales.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten