Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Toyota Ctr, Houston TX - 02/21/04

Default Re: Toyota Ctr, Houston TX - 02/21/04

Quote Originally Posted by Cindi Ann Bliss View Post
    I read the article from the Houston Culturemap site.

For those who went to the concert, do you think her review was accurate? The writer seemed a little grumpy to me.

Didn't go to the concert but I do think they should play some tracks from LROOE. I think it's weird to ignore it as it's part of their history too.

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014...-in-glory.html

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Cindi Ann Bliss View Post
    I read the article from the Houston Culturemap site.

For those who went to the concert, do you think her review was accurate? The writer seemed a little grumpy to me.

Yeah, she does seem a bit of a curmudgeon as if she's reluctant to acknowledge their awesomeness. So what that she could predict their moves - lucky her she's seen the so many times to be able to! They're perfectionists and professional and want to give their money's worth to their loyal fans - that's why we love them.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    I splurged big time JB & got front row. I wanted the best seat I could get in my hometown. I was sitting by the lady who got her album signed, well actually by her husband. My seat was right between Timothy and Glenn. A dream come true!!
    HB-

Thanks for your great review and details! Sounds Like a fantastic show. I was surprised by the album signing story too. I would have been internally rolling my eyes thinking "good luck with that" So nice that they did that for her!

Front row. Good for you to treat yourself! I can only imagine how great that would be for the Eagles. Glad it was so memorable.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

HB, the show sounds just wonderful! Thanks so much for telling us all about it! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself!

And I have to say I thought like most everyone else that the lady was in dreamland if she thought anyone would sign anything for her! That's just awesome that Glenn and Tim did! Who'd a thunk it?! Too cool!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

I think its funny that we all were thinking "what is she crazy?? they will never sign for her and how happy we all are that they did.
    Shows they can be class guys ..

Me ,I have a cd cover of "long road out of eden "with Will, Scott and Stuart and Michael Thompson all signed on it.
    ANd they all could not have been nicer....now I know they aren't TBS or JW or GF or Dh but still makes me smile to look at the messages and the pictures they were all nice enough to take w me and did I mention hugs from WIll and Scott..lol??
    SO happy they took the time and again Deb so greatful for your detailed revew.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I am so glad to hear that Glenn and Timothy signed her album! Our guys really are the best...

I read the review that was posted, I think I have read her previous reviews. I liked the Spade video that was posted in the press thread, while commenting about the standing policy, he did end with the fact that it was a really good concert, and the look in his eye said it was an understatement. This review did mention, several times, that the concert is fantastic, and I like how she makes it obvious that they really work at this. Of course, they are hugely talented, but it is still work. They do it for us, the fans, and I know that sometimes I take it for granted, and I should not.

BTW, I am using a keyboard that does not have apostrophes, which is why I am so formal-sounding. No contractions!!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Wow!! that sounds like a great night in Houston and especially for the fan that has a newly autographed album!!

MC, I saw that review and thought it's good that the author is not deterred by any of the Eagles stringent security rules.

Nice to here they are consistently putting on a great show.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I don't think the writer was too grumpy in her review. It looks like to me she is definitely a fan. After all a critic does not have to go to that many concerts of the same tour. I think she was trying to restrain her enthusiasm & just trying to be a "critic".

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

WOO HOO! I AM "STUCK ON THE BORDER"!!

It couldn't have happened on a more appropriate weekend. Friday night ranks right up there with the '76 concert!

So I'm stuck on the border & y'all are stuck with me!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

That's a good point, HB. And IMO, knocking the band's policies about cameras and sitting is fair criticism as long as it's done respectfully and equitably. This band has a reputation for their rebellious, non-conformist attitude, and they are used to rebuke so they are probably pretty thick-skinned by now. I guess they're not afraid to rock the boat at this point in their careers.

And HB ...

Congrats on being Stuck on The Border.

Long may you post.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016