Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles, CA at the Forum - Jan. 17, 2014

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Los Angeles, CA at the Forum - Jan. 17, 2014

Well, sounds like another great show, but what else is new! It's the Eagles!

I really don't get security harrassing people over their sitting/standing/camera issues but letting people smoke, let alone smoke pot!

And I do think it's ridiculous that they have to tell fans when to sit or stand. These are grown ups and most, MOST, have a bit of common sense! Give or take a drunk or two! And how is the concert supposed to be fun and exciting if everyone has to sit the whole time? People are going to be pretty laid back if they are having to sit for two or three hours. I get it during a ballad, but Already Gone? One of their rockinest songs of all?

And I do get them giving their friends free tickets, rich or not. Who wouldn't?

Nancy, too cool about meeting Henry! Awesome! And yes, we want to see the whole picture! You're beautiful and will make Henry look good!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Back home. Yes, meeting Henry Diltz made it all worthwhile. However, I am not very photogenic. Perhaps I will just crop myself out!
    Nancy, you know that is not true. Please don't crop yourself out.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I agree with FP. You look lovely Soda! We'd love to see you both, even if you just post it for a few days?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Ok - here it is:

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I agree, Nancy! Please post the photo with both of you in it.

See above, GL! lol

LOL back at 'cha! You look great, girl!

Thanks, GL!

Some additional thoughts:

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Glenn brought out 'Plaintiff' again and again it got laughs. I laughed trying to picture Soda's reaction to it.
    Five shows in a row I was lucky enough not to be subjected to it... I guess six was pushing my luck. My reaction was my typical cringing and brief contemplation of how such a cool guy could not realize how lame telling the same joke for so long is! And to think, I was considering taking down my reference to it on GFO, lol. God forbid they include it on another DVD after it's already been immortalized on Farewell 1. The thing is, it was indeed funny back then... ten years ago....

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty&Hot
    I was looking at Instagram and saw Kris Jenner posted a collage of her and friends, some concert shots, and her ticket... she has a shout out to Cindy and Glenn

her ticket said "COMP 0.00"
    and many people commented about how she (and other celebrities) of all people SHOULD be paying for her ticket because she can definitely afford it
    I look at it this way. Kris Jenner didn't get the ticket because she's a rich celebrity; she got it because she's a friend. It just so happens that she's also a rich celebrity, too.

Quote Originally Posted by HenleyFan1971
    I have a great time at both shows but people smoking pot was the worse they were going after people with cameras more then illegal drugs in Ca we have a no smoking law in malls I think bars I honestly thought it would mean concert venues that that need to smoke outside at intermission I had a bad today my 17th year had a pain episode so once I get my head back I am going to write a email plus there were so many drunks they should have put a limit on drinks one guy was walking in the street supposedly got him foot slightly ran over and punched the person windshield the area is bad I would rather drive 30 miles to venue in orange county but over I had a great a safe time
    I'm with you 100% about the pot (and I'm sorry about your pain episode) but as far as the neighborhood goes, I think they're hoping the revitalization of The Forum will help businesses in the area and maybe make it better. I think that's great and I hope that people support the effort by attending shows there, especially since it's such a historic venue. So glad they decided to redo it instead of bulldoze it. My cousin said she went there a few years ago to see a rehearsal and it was really nasty. More power to them for giving it a makeover in order to save it, even if it's not perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Desperada and I will be standing for the last gig in Dublin. We will be on the Early Entry tickets. Security will hardly be able to tell US to sit down..... will they...?
    Well... I don't know if they're as anal if you're not on the floor. Maybe you'll be OK.

I know I sounded like a "Negative Nancy" lol in my initial posts, but it was so upsetting that it ruined things for me, especially since this will probably be my last Eagles show for a while. I haven't been that upset at an Eagles show since I was punched back in 2006 in Scotland. It wasn't even so much that he said to sit down as how ugly he was with Lissa, threatening to throw her out like that. Getting thrown out would piss off the average fan, but it would absolutely break the heart of hardcore fans like us - especially since this was one of only two shows that Lissa will see. I wish I had ended with Wednesday's show, which was very special for me, and skipped Friday. However, then I wouldn't have gotten to meet Henry Diltz, so I guess it was meant to be that I go to Friday, too.

That said, the Eagles certainly put on a great show and it's worth putting up with the Black Shirt BS to hear them. This is especially true considering that even if the Forum shows no longer have the extra encore, they still have all the things that made this tour special in the first place - Bernie's inclusion, the obscure songs, the cool "story" structure, etc. I still say that if you only see one Eagles show, see one of the shows on this tour.

I'm just going to try to put the bad stuff out of my mind because I'd hate for Friday to overshadow all the other great shows I've been to. This has been a fantastic tour overall. I think the Memphis show was one of the best Eagles shows I've ever seen, if not THE best, and it was such a thrill to hear SBR and How Long on Wednesday. I left with my heart singing. It's just my bad luck that after those two terrific experiences, the last one I'm going to for a while had to be such a disappointment.

I glanced at the Saturday show review, though, and it seems they're easing up! Maybe I should have tried to get a ticket Saturday night after all, but I was still sulking then.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Great photo Nancy! You look gorgeous! And Lissa, Kay & I will take some credit since we helped pick out that top with you at the store in Pasadena!

Stuck on the Border

Gorgeous photo.

It isn't just you. Most (not all) of the Borderers' reviews of these shows have strongly suggested to me that the band was going through the motions.