Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles, CA at the Forum - Jan. 15, 2014

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Los Angeles, CA at the Forum - Jan. 15, 2014

The ladies from Austria were there, it was nice to see them again. They were in the row ahead of us, closer to the middle. THey told us they had to get the tickets through a reseller because while they got a code right when they first got sent out, they couldnt complete the purchase since they were out of country. Since a credit card had to be swiped, I wondered how that had worked. Gift cards! THe buyer sent a card to them that was used for the purchase and that,s what they handed over. THey had to pay a lot more for basically the same seats they tried to buy in the first place. Very unfair that out of country people couldn,t get tickets.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    What lacked energy was the crowd. Quite lame, actually.
    This is one of the pitfalls of playing in LA or NY, especially on opening night, especially in the first few rows. Lots of suits/industry/friends. I remember in Madonna's documentary her saying, "No suits in the first 10 rows! I want people dancing!" Probably a totally different vibe in the upper tiers!

I forgot to mention, we were told when we got seated that they were recording live and so no cameras in first 15 rows. Not sure what they meant by live recording, but could explain the extra songs. The explanation we got had to do with flash being used, and how no one turns it off.
    VK

Oh, I so hope How Long stays on the list!!!

Stuck on the Border

I forgot to mention, we were told when we got seated that they were recording live and so no cameras in first 15 rows. Not sure what they meant by live recording, but could explain the extra songs. The explanation we got had to do with flash being used, and how no one turns it off.
    Please let this be for a DVD!

Perhaps this is the start of what will become a DVD of this tour. They certainly have enough shows to pick and choose the best performance of segments of the show or individual songs to put together as a live concert DVD. Of course, given that they can all agree on what ends up on any final presentation!

It's 'history' for them in two different ways so I've always thought it should be in their set list.

By the way, I am using a bluetooth keyboard on my tablet and when you hit the apostrophe, you get a comma, so sorry for that!

The actual Forum experience left a few things to be desired. Yes, the acoustics were good, but there were occasional strange sounds during some guitar solos. Not sure the sound was ever tested with 13000+ people before. Otherwise, it sounded a lot better than other venues I have been in.

No one knew where the handicapped parking was, and their excuse was it was their first day. Then because we had paperless entry, we were told to go to the box office, on the other side of the arena. We ignored that and got in OK. There were no signs for concessions and very long lines, so you would wait forever only to be told what you wanted was elsewhere. None of the ushers were familiar with the arena. Once you presented a ticket, someone would study a map, so the lines were long. Ushers sat a lot of people in the wrong seats as far as I could tell, and I was able to get to the floor easily without anyone ever checking my ticket. The ladies rooms...it is still an older venue with the issues all of the older venues had, and one reason they were replaced, was the number, size, and location (had to go down and back up long flights of stairs) of women,s restrooms. That all being said, the staff were all very friendly, and the seats and view were FANTASTIC.

Our guys were great, I may have already mentioned this! They all looked great as well. Got lots of eye contact from all of them. They did not seem very loose until later in the first set. It could be that Doolin Dalton / Desperado Reprise could become my favorite Eagles song. I cannot quite describe how much better it is than the recorded version.
    VK

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Please let this be for a DVD!
    I'm crossing my finger, toes and eyes for this. I would love to have a DVD of this tour

I want a DVD, but I also want a CD. Like LZ did for Celebration Day. I seldom watch anything except sports, but I listen to stuff a lot.
    VK

Carol, definitely different ways of seeing the same thing! I have seen shows on this tour with more energy, but in this case, I felt like the lame crowd had something to do with it. It,s a two way thing IMO. Maybe after being told to sit down, they were afraid to get up later? Maybe because it was a ,school, night?.
    One thing is certain, the Forum staff most definitely were uber strict and the crowd felt it.

Only one young woman made it past the usher guarding stage right where I was sitting and it was only for the last two songs. He literally snapped fans back in place almost before they got out of their seats he was that good. Truth be told, I was actually glad he was so vigilant because it eventually allowed me stage access without a fight.

The couple beside me also got their seats through the lottery. She figured we lucked out because we ordered single seats. She told me that she bought their two seats as singles. I wondered how I got so lucky 20 minuets into the cluster-muck that the pre-sale started as back in September. What a nailbiter that was.

Stay Tuned. Saturday night yet to come.

Carol-Lynn