Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Rolling Stone Special Edition Tribute to the Eagles

Out on the Border

Default Re: Rolling Stone Special Edition Tribute to the Eagles

So happy - I finally received my Rolling Stones magazine today. It is going to be a cold, wet weekend here in Melbourne so I know what I will be doing tomorrow.
    Thanks so much everyone for helping me track this down.

Out on the Border

It's still on display in our local grocery store chain in Colorado - cover says display until Aug 4, 2016 so may still be some lingering out there.

The Cameron Crowe article was especially enlightening to me. Gives a nice recount of his and Glenn's friendship, and if I may say sheds some light on what Don F was complaining about in his book re nicknames etc from a different point of view, won't go into that here.

Don's Q&A via each album was worth reading too, some new things in there and always fun to hear his answers.

I saw the cover at one of my local Kroger store. I was coming in, went to the book and magazine section and it was staring right at me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I been so busy lately, I still haven't gotten around to reading the RS tribute issue. It seems like every time I attempt to read it, I get distracted by other 'stuff'. Hopefully, I can get through it before too very long.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Dont know if this has been mentioned but on page 86 there is a photo dated 1972 but Felder is in it. That has to be a mistake right? Felder didnt play with the Eagles till at least 73/74 correct?

Border Desperado

Was it backstage? He hung out with them some in Bostom when they were playing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles7 View Post
    Was it backstage? He hung out with them some in Bostom when they were playing there.
    No its outside in a parking lot or something. Henley looks 1972-ish...
    But im still not sure why felder would be there

Stuck on the Border

It looks like a promo shot so I'm inclined to think it's from around 1974, not 1972.

There's a picture on p72 that's labelled as 1975 but Glenn is wearing the shirt that he wore for the Joshua Tree photo shoot and the hair looks consistent with 1972. Of course, he could just be wearing an old shirt.

Today's the last day of this special edition on the stand. I'm glad RS did finally publish this magazine. I will always cherish this magazine.

Stuck on the Border

I received my copy of this yesterday & I am very happy with it, except that I know the 2008 cover story has been edited, and I'm not sure why the Walsh story was included. I took issue with some of their 40 Greatest Songs rankings (only How Long from LROOE.... seriously. One day this album will be reassessed).

They could have done more with the nods to the solo careers. There was more to Glenn's career than You Belong To The City (and he wore a white suit in the Heat Is On video, not YBTTC).

But they repeated Glenn's cause of death several times & it jarred with me. All these photos & quotations of this wonderful man who was so full of life & creativity juxtaposed with that. There was one photo of him where he was surrounded by women who were just staring at him. He had that his whole life, happily married though he was. For people like me - you couldn't take your eyes off him.