Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: your 10 most favorite Eagles guitar solos

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: your 10 most favorite Eagles guitar solos

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    There are two parts of being a lead guitarist. One is the technical ability to play the notes. The other is the melodic/compositional ability to decide what notes to play. Glenn was nowhere near as good as Don F and Joe in the former. However, I think he was their equal in the latter. I'm sure I read somewhere that some of Don F's solos or parts were hummed to him by Glenn, and then Don would play them.
    Well said.

1.Hotel Califorona
    2.Victim Of Love
    3.Take It Easy
    4.Already Gone
    5.One Of These Nights
    6.I can't tell you why(Glenn deserves all the praise for this one. Yeah an egomaniac would NOT have sang less and less for Henley and give one of his best solos to Felder. While he SOMETIMES can be a bully modt of it was in the best intrest of the Eagles. I can here you Frey fans typing at me right now )
    7.Get Over It
    8.Life In The Fast Lane
    9.How Long
    10.One Of these nights.

Side note I can actuall feel the tension between the bandmembers when listening to their music more the anyother band. The only song I feel they wer truly united is Get Over It

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    1.Hotel Califorona
    2.Victim Of Love
    3.Take It Easy
    4.Already Gone
    5.One Of These Nights
    6.I can't tell you why(Glenn deserves all the praise for this one. Yeah an egomaniac would NOT have sang less and less for Henley and give one of his best solos to Felder. While he SOMETIMES can be a bully modt of it was in the best intrest of the Eagles. I can here you Frey fans typing at me right now )
    7.Get Over It
    8.Life In The Fast Lane
    9.How Long
    10.One Of these nights.

Side note I can actuall feel the tension between the bandmembers when listening to their music more the anyother band. The only song I feel they wer truly united is Get Over It

Would you like to expand on why you feel this way, please? That is a very strong statement to make Perhaps it is a new topic.

Sure give me a few.

Default Re: Top 10 Favorite Guitar Solos

Quote Originally Posted by GettheLeadonOut!! View Post
    1. Take It Easy - Leadon
    2. Try and Love Again - Frey
    3. Hotel California - Felder/ Walsh
    4. Peaceful Easy Feeling - Leadon
    5. I Can't Tell You Why - Frey
    6. One of These Nights - Felder
    7. Tequila Sunrise - Leadon
    8. Life In the Fast Lane - Walsh
    9. Witchy Woman - Frey
    10. Saturday Night - Leadon (does mandolin count?)
    It's really hard to choose from so many great guitar solos, but this reflects my list pretty closely; I would move HC up to the top spot though. I scanned the thread and am surprised only one person included You Never Cry Like a Lover. I love this guitar solo! This would probably be in my top 5, in fact. Actually, the other instrumentals are also stellar here--the piano, bass. I also give props to the solo in Get You in the Mood, as someone else mentioned.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

As I've been browsing through this topic again and seen "Felder/Walsh - Hotel California" several times, a thought occurred...What I'm about to say is not to put down Joe Walsh, but to praise Felder for a change. Even though a lot of what he says irritates me I'd be an idiot not to notice his ability on the guutar. So...

...IMHO Felder's opening solo in Hotel California is so amazing that no matter what Joe played after that, it would still have sounded nice in the context. Someone already mentioned that he/she much prefers Felder's part although he/she mentioned them both on the list of guitar solos.

So I can't help feeling that Joe sort of got a "free ride" that one time - like riding the wind started by Felder. Of course they both contributed to the harmonized climax, but Felder's extremely strong opening sets the tone. I also give a bit of credit to Don H for insisting that Felder play the solo that was in the demo.

So sometimes I'm tempted to mention just Felder when I talk about the HC solo, because his opening is what I love the most.

And yes, the solo in LROOE is one of the greatest Eagles guitar solos ever! I suppose it's Joe on the record, because he played it so faithfully live.
    Last edited by chaim; 10-30-2016 at 03:40 AM.