Page 94 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

What disgusts me is even as Deacon sings his heartfelt songs in honor of his Dad in front of a super size pic of Glenn - critics and fans are taking cheap shots and diminishing Glenn's value to boost their own and the band's self serving needs and wants.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    What disgusts me is even as Deacon sings his heartfelt songs in honor of his Dad in front of a super size pic of Glenn - critics and fans are taking cheap shots and diminishing Glenn's value to boost their own and the band's self serving needs and wants.
    Actually from what I have read, the photo of Glenn only appears at the end of PEF & at no other time.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Wow.

So this tour is not only an insult to Glenn figuratively, it's led to literal insults of Glenn on a regular basis.

From the beginning, though, it's been necessary for them to diminish him in order to build themselves up; they do it implicitly while others do it explicitly.

And that is strange that not one snide comment has been made in any of these reviews about the Eagles or Don Henley. Usually, at least a few of the reviews have to get a dig in or two about the band being too corporate/greedy or have to inject that stupid Lebowski reference, regardless of how well the music is played.

Odd.
    Yes.

The way the media has just accepted this with no question is becoming a real concern.

By the way, nobody ever claimed Glenn was a saint. Nobody, least of all me, wanted to mythologise him & portray him as something he wasn't. Neither do I wish to use the 'he can't defend himself' argument. But he deserved rather more respect than he was granted by some. I will leave others to decide who 'some' includes. The 'some people didn't like him & therefore it's OK to bash him' stuff is YouTube level, not journalism, just as the apparently endless reviews full of nothing but praise are also not journalism.
    Last edited by Freypower; 04-14-2018 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    There's an unpleasant and ignorant preview that includes the line "It’s a shame that the only dead Eagle is the one who is the easiest not to love" and then claims that all Eagles, past and present have more or less described Glenn as a "calculating, tyrannical bully". I was wondering how he could have gained this impression but realised it must come from reading - and believing - youtube comments! So there are still idiots out there.
    That's terrible. What did Glenn ever do to these people?? This is so wrong and disrespectful. If a reviewer wants to say they enjoyed the show, that's fine, but why do they have to be so nasty about Glenn while doing it? I'm surprised that Henley is coming off so well in these reviews. It seems like the press was never kind to Glenn, Henley, or the eagles throughout the years, but now they have nothing but good things... this is so sad.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    That's terrible. What did Glenn ever do to these people?? This is so wrong and disrespectful. If a reviewer wants to say they enjoyed the show, that's fine, but why do they have to be so nasty about Glenn while doing it? I'm surprised that Henley is coming off so well in these reviews. It seems like the press was never kind to Glenn, Henley, or the eagles throughout the years, but now they have nothing but good things... this is so sad.

To be fair, a lot of past reviews, when positive, would rave about Henley & Walsh while virtually ignoring Glenn.

Now however it seems that they want to attack him too. When he isn't even there.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Yes it is sad. And it's pathetic. To answer your question I don't know why. What I can say with some degree of certainty is had the Eagles ended on the high note of the HOTE tour the legacy of the band and Glenn Frey would not be irrovocably tarnished. This did not have to happen. Don Henley had other options. They all did.

NRR is an entity that recently did a concert review of the band.

-----------------------------

"Whether you’re a national record label, a publicist representing artists, or even an upcoming hard-working band looking for national exposure, National Rock Review staff can help deliver your message and music to the global entertainment market."

https://www.nationalrockreview.com/about-nrr

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    NRR is an entity that recently did a concert review of the band.

-----------------------------

"Whether you’re a national record label, a publicist representing artists, or even an upcoming hard-working band looking for national exposure, National Rock Review staff can help deliver your message and music to the global entertainment market."

https://www.nationalrockreview.com/about-nrr
    Can you provide a link to the review?

This appears to be proof that they are hiring people to write positive reviews for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Can you provide a link to the review?

This appears to be proof that they are hiring people to write positive reviews for them.
    Chicago concert March 2018

Reviewer is a photographer too. First time I have seen mention of a standing ovation for Glenn Frey. Wonder if this will comtinue or just a one time thing.

https://www.nationalrockreview.com/c...ter-chicago-il

The music critic who wrote the review for the St Louis concert contending the Eagles sound better then ever appears to be a freelance writer.

The band has just started their 53 concert tour. They have a long long way to go. I can only hope someone out there is watching and will pull back the curtain to reveal the bigger story.
    Last edited by Dawn; 04-15-2018 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    There's an unpleasant and ignorant preview that includes the line "It’s a shame that the only dead Eagle is the one who is the easiest not to love" and then claims that all Eagles, past and present have more or less described Glenn as a "calculating, tyrannical bully". I was wondering how he could have gained this impression but realised it must come from reading - and believing - youtube comments! So there are still idiots out there.
    That is such bull sh!t about him being a bully. Sounds like a salty Felder fan.

It says a lot about them. And what kind of people they are. Glenn was the leader of the Eagles. He led them, but a bully he was not. He was the visionary and the one who everybody followed. Including Don Felder. I love DF as a musician but not so much as a person anymore. And I've changed my viewpoint on him. He wasn't Mr. Innocent. And Glenn wasn't a raging jerk either. DF has his own issues.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."