Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy B Schmit Health Update

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Default Re: Timothy B Schmit Health Update

Oh wow. That's horrible. I hope Timothy has a speedy and full recovery.

Wow what for horrible news! Get well Timothy!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Almost forgot-Rod Stewart had throat cancer (thyroid) back in 2001. He said in his recent biography that it took him at least six months, if I remember correctly, to regain his singing voice and it was quite a struggle.

Also, Roger Daltry, according to Pete Townsend's recent biography, had pre-cancerous cells removed in 2011.

Also made me question whether or not TBS really got hit in the throat with a surfboard back in 2007. Never know. People only tell you what they want you to believe or, as in the Eagles case, what they want the insurance company for their tours to believe. Before anyone has a hissy-fit I'm not calling TBS a liar I'm just saying its not uncommon for entertainers to lie about their illnesses for a variety of reasons including privacy and issues with insurability.

Carol-Lynn

We have no reason to believe that the surfing accident was anything other than what we were told.

when I saw Timothy in Pittsburgh this summer I had a chance to speak to Hank Linderman his guitarist after the show...we discussed the surf board accident at length...and how hard Timothy worked to regain his voice after it and how long it took him...I could see the admiration Hank has for Timothy on his face as he talked about him...I have no doubt there really was a surfing accident and nothing more than that.

My main concern right now is Timothy's recovery....To hear that he will be performing Dec. 30th really concerns me that he has not had enough time to heal & get his strength back...I do hope he isn't pressured to do this show Dec 30th as a commitment to the Eagles or the fans. I just think this is way too soon for him to be back on stage. This is only about 6 weeks after a major surgery.

I would rather him get the rest he needs & not have to struggle to sing so soon after this....I am questioning here the judgement of all those involved. If the show needs to be cancelled or moved to a later date, I think people will understand how serious this is....This is only 1 show, not a delay or cancellation of a tour. I would rather have him rest & recover so that he will be better for a tour later on next year...I'm just worried that this is too fast.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - I think the best we fans can do in these cases is to go with whatever information we are given as being true, and trust that Tim will follow the advice of his doctors. We don't have all the facts to judge the situation and even if we did, we certainly don't have any control over it other than to send as many positive vibes his way as we can. So here goes Timothy ...

Sending more positive vibes to you from The Border!!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

AGREED dreamer!! I'm sure Timothy will do only what is best for him and his health and here's hoping he'll "enjoy every sandwich" along the way!

Amen to that!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

I haven't posted in a while - but just wanted to wish Timothy a full & speedy recovery... as for Dec 30th I'm sure he wouldn't do anything that conflicted with his surgeons wishes....maybe he'll play along but not sing....that would be ok - yeah?
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here