Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor

Down By The River may not have a chance or even deserve to win this but I don't believe it should of already been voted out and slipped by. The reason it is here is because people don't want to see it gone yet -no slipping by about it. It's in my top 5 and I personally think it is a great song and that Timothy does a spectacular job with the bluesy number.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Crikey, how on earth did 'Down by the river' make the list in the first place?
    I know that I'm hardly the most observant person in the world if I've only just realised that, but there's one song on the list that I 'dislike' even more than 'Down by the river' so perhaps that has closed my mind to the existence of DBTR.
    That's probably the reason that it's only collected two votes so far - it's in the middle of most people's lists, and other songs they 'dislike' more are the ones they've been voting for. Sometimes persistently.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK TimFan View Post
    and other songs they 'dislike' more are the ones they've been voting for. Sometimes persistently.
    Hey!!! Are you referring to all the rounds I voted for In Roxy's Eyes? I'm nothing if not persistent!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

If you don't want to get behind my alliance, then start another one!!! I am just trying to save some of the songs that already have votes here & many people are wanting to save!!

If you hesitate too long.... songs like WBFS & The Shadow, which is probably one of Tim's best & fav songs, being that he still performs it live, he must like it, or think his fans like it, will be voted OUT.

I am just trying to save some songs here. If you feel strongly to get another song voted out, then go for it. I'm not asking you all to agree with me (which I know you don't) but something's gotta go & I thought DBTR was one song that some could get behind & vote off. It was just an idea to get an alliance going!

Can't wait till next round here! OMG!!
    Don't shoot me, I'm just a fan here, like you all are!!

I think some of the votes cast in previous rounds were more to "Save" another song, not for a particular dislike for that song. I know I had to vote for a song I liked to try to save another song....

Ok, now I need a stiff DRINK!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree with TBF on this one. Down By the River is in this game to begin with and is still in this game because a lot of the people on this board who play these games happen to think it's a very good song. I love the song for a lot of the same reasons that I love White Boy From Sacramento. Not that these two songs are anything alike, but they are both songs that are different from the types of songs Tim usually does. As I previously mentioned, I love it when an artist goes out of his comfort zone and tries different things. I happen to love Tim's sexy growl in Down By the River, and the music is very steamy too. I think it is one uber hot song, and I've said before, it's possible Tim may have had more solo success if he had tried more songs like it. Anyway, I certainly don't think it'll win the game, but I hope it lasts a few more rounds. I know I'm certainly not ready to vote it off yet.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Hey!!! Are you referring to all the rounds I voted for In Roxy's Eyes? I'm nothing if not persistent!!!!
    You're not the only one who's persistent, Willie.
    Two others are (naming no names, she says, ).
    Other people have voted for a song for three or four rounds until the song has been voted off.
    Last edited by UK TimFan; 08-04-2012 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Inserted a comma for better grammar.

This round is all over the place LOL...

After much consideration I vote for Make You Feel My Love

Down By The River

I vote for Down By The River

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well there are still quite a few votes out there, so what’s going down this round – will it be Make You Feel My Love, White Boy From Sacramento, or Down By the River?

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Make You Feel My Love is a cover version & in my opinion not a particularly inspired one. I know I am the only person on this board who has heard the original version and also probably Bryan Ferry's version, but I prefer both of those, so I vote for it again.
    Julie while I agree with you that Make You Feel My Love should go out of these three songs, I totally disagree with you about Tim’s version of this song. If the original version of the song that you refer to here is Dylan’s version, I have heard it. I had never heard of Bryan Ferry's version, so I checked it out on YouTube. IMO, Tim's version is far superior to either of these, but to each their own as we always say. The song has been covered about a billion times, so I doubt if there is any real definitive version. Most recently, I think Adele did a great job with the song. However, I have to try to save Down By the River, so ...

I cast my vote for Make You Feel My Love.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016