Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Timothy's health

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Timothy's health

We are all awaiting word on the upcoming shows. We just need to keep checking back to the official sites for the guys, as well as Google Alerts, and websites for entertainment news sources and publications for the cities where the shows are scheduled. As soon as we hear something, we'll get it posted ASAP. As always, if anyone stumbles across some information, please feel free to post it on the board or PM me and I'll post it for you.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado

Timothy has updated his blog with good news.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thank you so much for the heads up, tbsfan!

Here is the news that we've all been waiting to hear, folks. Look out Denver, here they come!!!

http://timothybschmit.com/index.php

Dear all,

Here’s my mid-May adventure story:

On Monday, May 10th, we completed our second show in Vancouver. We then took a short, late night flight into Seattle where we were to have a nice two day break. I’m sure the following day was similar for everyone, a long sleep-in morning, followed by a no pressure, lazy day, and evening. So far, so good. My second day off started much earlier and with more energy. Everything seemed fine upon arising. In the latter part of the morning, I started to feel some physical discomfort. I tried to ignore it, not thinking too much about it. In fact, I carried on that way until the evening when it became more than obvious that I had to take some kind of action. In a nutshell, when I finally cried “Uncle”, this is what happened: A doctor visit to the hotel... a visit to the Emergency Room at the Hospital... tests, cat scans, all that fun stuff... checking in as a patient in the hospital... two days of observation, poking, probing, and another cat scan. By Friday, after missing the Seattle show, and now the third Vancouver gig, one choice remained...surgery. So, there I am, thinking, ‘Well, I’m finally at the older-guy-getting-his-first-surgery phase of life.’ I was not a happy camper. Anyway, by noon that day I was completely sedated, and without over-sharing, undergoing a minor intestinal surgery. I had to stay there to be watched over for a couple more days, and am now, I’m happy to say, writing this from the confines of my own home. Fear not... I am on the mend and will be on stage in Denver this Thursday the 20th. We will be going back to make up the shows we were forced to miss. Stay tuned for the dates.

Many, many thanks to all who have been expressing their concern over my well being. It is much appreciated.

See you soon...
    Timothy

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Dreamer you beat me I was just coming to post that lol! I am soo glad Tim is on the mend!

Stuck on the Border

That is great. Tim, please keep well and stay safe, and know that you are in all our thoughts.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Isn't he a doll? He knows how concerned his fans were and took the time to write us a little note, without "over sharing".

So happy to hear he's better!

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

YAY!!! Great news!!! Sorry for the Medical Adventure, Tim, but we are ALL sooooo happy you're on the mend!!! Feel better soon! WE LOVE YOU!

Thank you so much for taking the time to update us Tim! We are all thrilled you are feeling better!
    Last edited by Wildthyme; 05-18-2010 at 10:32 PM.

Thanks Dreamer. Thank you God. I am so ready to rock his socks off in SoCal. The man won't know what hit him!

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Oh....The Power of Prayers and Love (and Doctors of course)
    So Glad you're on the mend Timothy - Take it Easy!!
    Last edited by tequila girl; 05-19-2010 at 06:29 AM.
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here