Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Expando Song Survivor

Default Re: Expando Song Survivor

I can not decide yet! I have 2 songs between which I must still decide!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

When Survivor was first announced 'I knew' what my first two nominations would be.
    But in the last few hours I've starrted to waver, and wonder if I should change my vote. (Do we have an 'eeny meeny miny mo' smilie? )
    However, although the song has grown on me since, I've decided to stick with one of the songs that I really didn't like the first time I heard it.

I therefore vote for Ella Jean.

I appreciate that the true meaning of the lyrics goes deeper than this, but to me it sounds as if the guy is so dependent on the love of his life that he can't even blow his nose if she's more than ten yards away from him.
    And to really rub it in, I'm not that keen on the tune, either.
    (Sorry Tim. )
    Last edited by UK TimFan; 01-19-2010 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Put 'love of his love' instead of 'love of his life'.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I can see now that this is going to be a tough one. So that said I will go with Ella Jean. Sorry Tim it just doesn't do a thing for me and there are other songs I like a lot better.

I have to vote for I Don't Mind. There isn't a song on the album I don't like but this one seems a wee bit mean spirited and negative so its my first choice to go.

This is great! Everybody's really into this game!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

First I got to say UKTF-you gave me a chuckle with your analysis of Ella Jean!

Soda-what you said about One More Mile getting stuck in your head--isn't that the truth! In fact my facebook status this morning is, "A little piece of mind is all I'm looking for, or maybe just a little light. I'm looking for something, searchin' my soul. Gotta speak with my inner child. As I begin to talk, he says, "Keep on walking, just one more mile." because it's been going thru my head the last like 3 hours and I haven't even heard it for a few days.

I will tell you that this will be the only round I can say that I will have no trouble voting in. There is one song from the beginning that I really didn't care much for, that the first time I heard it (a wonderful night spent with a certain TBS in Chicago in November--ok not the whole night and not just me but a girl can dream!) I just didn't care for it and it has not grown on me at all. I know what you are all going to say and NO it's not the subject matter--REALLY!!! Tho I will say that if it had been written for me I may think differently. It just seems to be so boring and I find myself almost dozing while listening to it. It also seems it could almost be a child's song, the whole tune of it sounds like something a guest on the Barney & Friends show would sit down with the kids and a guitar and have a sing-a-long with. Sorry Timothy!!

That all being said, I cast my vote for Ella Jean.

From here on in, it's gonna get difficult for me!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    It also seems it could almost be a child's song, the whole tune of it sounds like something a guest on the Barney & Friends show would sit down with the kids and a guitar and have a sing-a-long with. Sorry Timothy!!
    Here's the notes I took yesterday for Ella Jean:

The beginning has always reminded me a little of Dr. Seuss ...”something’s wrong – when you’re gone”. The lyrics are simple, but sweet.

The “flowers in your hair” part is nice. Kind of reminds me of the sixties.

Don’t like the falsetto in this song.

Ahhh, saved by the harmonica! Love it! Very Dylanesque.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Well Ella Jean is one of my top four songs on the album so in an effort to save Ella Jean....

I cast my vote for One More Mile and encourage others to the same!

What a discussion already! From the first time I heard the CD, and basically every time since, there's one song I've just not cared for. I think it's just the style of the music...too "bluegrassy" for me, for lack of a better term. This will be the only time I will have so easy a time to choose my vote, also; so I will vote for One More Mile.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

I've heard the 2 songs again and now I have decided, I cast my vote for Ella Jean!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)