Page 113 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1474

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Banned

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Joe Walsh was just on the ACM Awards with Luke Bryan and Dierks Bentley (two of my favorites in country) doing a tribute to Chuck Berry. It ROCKED!!!

ETA: He was also the presenter of the Entertainer Of The Year award, which went to Jason Aldean (another fav).

I've seen a few clips WalshFan88 but not the complete track.

http://kssn.iheart.com/articles/tren...naged_Facebook

Joe used to perform Johnny B Goode with The James Gang. T he Eagles used to perform Chuck Berry's Carol, better than The Rolling Stones according to Glenn Frey.

This is quite a discovery. It doesn't rock but it's poignant, especially when the late great Rick Rosas strolls into shot.

Footage of Joe, during the dark years of the early 90s, performing The Friend Song, Indian Summer and Desperado;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZeS96FlZjo

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I didn't get to watch the show last night since all of my other Sunday shows were still on but I did see his tweets about being there and "CBS This Morning" showed clips from it last night including his performance with Dierks Bentley, Luke Bryan, and others. Joe did a great job and it sounded & looked awesome!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I didn't get to watch last night because we had severe weather going on and they didn't show the ACMs. I saw video clips on facebook. Interesting jacket Joe had on. It was cute and I like it. Legends back in the day would wear that. I don't think today's country wears anything like that.

He did a great job with Luke and Dierks.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-03-2017 at 11:56 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I missed this because we got home later than we planned. But I did see some clips on the CBS morning show, too. I love that Joe was there performing the Chuck Berry tribute.

Not a big fan of Luke Bryan's voice although I do like some of his songs.

How awesome Miranda Lambert won "Album of the Year"; it's a really good album!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Did anyone listen to his Facebook Live? I got mixed up over time zones and must have missed it.

Border Desperado tequila mockingbird's Avatar

Cool Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Joe answered my question on his Facebook Live interview this afternoon! Pretty cool.

"The first thing that happens is you get some kind of label and you've gotta live up to it and then you just get caught in that. And, I forget what the second thing is." ~Joe Walsh

Border Desperado tequila mockingbird's Avatar

Cool Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

He talked about the Eagles and the East and West Classic shows. Said they will have "help from some friends." They think they can still "whoop ass," and they'll see about doing other shows after that.

"The first thing that happens is you get some kind of label and you've gotta live up to it and then you just get caught in that. And, I forget what the second thing is." ~Joe Walsh

Border Troubadour

I pray the way Joe phrased that wasn't an indication his good mate Ringo will be a part of proceedings.

Also stated his book is likely out early next year.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Congratulations, Tequila! How cool.

Here's what Joe said about his autobiography, according to the Eagles Fastlane transcript: Joe said he is working with a writer named Tim Moore who has been conducting interviews and making a timeline for the book. Joe says he’s in the final 1/3 of souping up what Tim has come up with and adding his comments. He wants it to not be a book about him, but rather his story told by him. Joe says to look for the book early next year. It will be everything you always wanted to know about Joe and more (including some things you maybe don’t want to know).

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Congratulations, Tequila! How cool.

Here's what Joe said about his autobiography, according to the Eagles Fastlane transcript: Joe said he is working with a writer named Tim Moore who has been conducting interviews and making a timeline for the book. Joe says he’s in the final 1/3 of souping up what Tim has come up with and adding his comments. He wants it to not be a book about him, but rather his story told by him. Joe says to look for the book early next year. It will be everything you always wanted to know about Joe and more (including some things you maybe don’t want to know).
    Glad to hear this, thanks for the heads up!

Dawn