Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Hi WKMB55! You ask an interesting, thought provoking question. I do feel we are in uncharted waters. There are certain music reviews and commentaries I have found very informative over the years. One in particular "Twilight of the Rock Gods." is quite good and worth a read. I think the new normal with artists and bands touring well into their 70's many with what I call "dream team" additions (name brand replacements with built in fan bases) to capitalize on the expendable income of classic rock baby boomers and attract younger fans with multi-band festivals is a BIG DEAL. Social media easily manipulated with fake news, comments and reviews.

Edited to Add

Sorry, this is rather disjointed. I will need to go back and clean it up lol, In the meantime for anyone interested here is a link to the Wall Street Journal March 2017 article by Neil Shah " Twilight of the Rock Gods".

I don't agree with everything the writer opines but a lot of what he says is based on available data and he makes a good case for his personal thoughts and feelings. Me? I am astounded at the amount of money touring brings in. Clearly the line of people who benefit (profit) from aging artists and acts like Paul McCartney, Brian Wilson, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, Springsteen, Jimmy Buffet etc still going out on the road singing the same songs they have been doing for decades is long and getting longer. Is anyone really going to criticize Sir Paul?

http://us.vocuspr.com/ViewAttachment...ZOryYvI6uCQ%3D
    Last edited by Dawn; 04-18-2018 at 01:28 AM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016