Thread: Don's foray into country music.

Out on the Border BerniesSurfboard's Avatar

Default Don's foray into country music.

Party people,

In '92, Don had a couple of appearances as a backing vocalist and even appeared in some music videos for Patty Smyth and Trisha Yearwood. How do ya'll all feel about his work on these projects? I'm assuming he agreed to be on these projects due to being in the area for the Common Thread album.

I thought he made some good choices!

Default Re: Don's foray into country music.

Have you heard Don's Cass County album? It's an album of country music (although he classifies it as "Americana"), and he collaborates with a lot of country artists, including Trisha Yearwood and Dolly Parton. I personally am not a fan of country music, but if you are into this kind of music, you might really like this album.

He did more than appear in a video for Patty Smyth...they did a duet together, Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

First off Patty Smyth is not a country artist but adult contemporary. But I loved both the duets he did with her and Trisha. I grew up with country music too and still listen to the current songs and the Eagles have been such a huge influence to the country genre since the late 80s, and even more so now with the modern country artists mixing in more rock and pop sounds into it. So it makes sense Don went that route as not only did he grow up with it, he and the Eagles are a huge influence to the younger country artists.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by BerniesSurfboard View Post
    Party people,

In '92, Don had a couple of appearances as a backing vocalist and even appeared in some music videos for Patty Smyth and Trisha Yearwood. How do ya'll all feel about his work on these projects? I'm assuming he agreed to be on these projects due to being in the area for the Common Thread album.

I thought he made some good choices!
    I don’t believe those videos had anything to do with Common Thread. As Buffyfan pointed out, Patty Smyth is not country plus Don had a personal relationship with her. Don got involved with Trisha’s album after he saw her perform on “The Tonight Show” and invited her to perform at a Walden Woods benefit. I thought both collaborations were done very well.

I would say Don’s first non-Eagles foray into country was when he recorded “You’re Not Drinking Enough” on his 1984 album Building the Perfect Beast.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...